Random notes from this weeks TSN mag. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random notes from this weeks TSN mag.

#84Fan4Life

Starter
Reaction score
I just got my new TSN mag for this week with Boller and Derrick Mason on the cover and it has some notes about the Dolphins that I thought I would share. Sorry if this is already posted.

1) There is a list of breakout offensive players and Rex Hadnot is listed as one of them.
Rex Hadnot became a starter for the Dolphins late last season, and now he looks like the most physical, hard-nosed blocker on the team. He has the athleticism to get to the second level and the toughtness to win the short-area battles.

2) Manuel Wright
The Dolphins are having forrmer USC DT manuel Wright in for a visit in perparation for the July 14 supplemental draft. Wright opted for the supplemental draft after being declared academically ineligible for the 2005 season at USC. Some draftniks consider him a second or third round talent based on his play so far, but there are concerns about his work ethic. The Bengals and Eagles also have had Wright (6-6 310) in for visits.

3) QB battle
Gus Freotte appears to be increasing his lead on AJ Feeley in the Dolphins starting QB competation. Coach Nick Saban and the Dolphins players reapeatedly have singled out Freotte for his strong arm and knowledge of the offense. Feeley didn't help himself by having some breakdowns in offseason practices that were open to the public. The coaches must decide whether to go with Feeley and see if he can fulfill his promise or give the job to Freotte, who might be more polished but turns 34 in July and lacks upside.

4) Stocker McDougle
RT Stocker McDougle has been showing a physical style and has gotten into better shape by losing 20 pounds to get down to 340. McDougle is motivated to have a big season because, as a South Florida native, he wants to stay with the Dolphins. He also wants to prove to the Lions, his former team, that he still can play.

5) Chambers on the new offense
Dolphins WR Chris Chambers estimates that about 90 percent of the team's new route adjustments for blitzes or odd coverages are designed to go deep. New coordinator Scott Linehan isn't afraid to be agressive; former coach Dave Wannstedt leaned toward a more conservative approach.

Once again sorry if this was already posted but it looks like good news so far.

Very good read. Thanks for the notes man. :up:

Thanks. I wonder where they got the info that Gus was increasing his lead?

Thanks bro. Good read and good news on all 5 players but especially #3

Not sure I agree with putting the words "athleticism" next to Rex Hadnot, unless you're talking about "lack thereof"

He ran the slowest official 40 time at the combine last year.

ckparrothead said:
Not sure I agree with putting the words "athleticism" next to Rex Hadnot, unless you're talking about "lack thereof"

but he's not a tackle, so speed is definitely not on the must list

Yeah, I dont know where they are getting off calling Rex "athletic". He's not. He's shaped like a washing machine and about as mobile. He is, however, powerful and stout. Not many people are going to win the leverage battle against him, he's built like a nose tackle.

ckparrothead said:

Wanne did refer to him as a 'roadgrader', so maybe it's more than getting downfield
;)

Back
Top Bottom