Randy McMichael Contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy McMichael Contract

I told you guys before, Randy is a close friend, and he told me he does NOT expect to be the Highest paid TE in football, like it was rumored. He told me 6-7 million to sign, for 5 year, at a 24 million total contract. That was what Drew was working for him, before Heap was re-signed. Randy has better numbers, and his contract value will go up. They were supposed to talk a few weeks after the draft, but never did. Randy is not scared to go to FA'y, and he also will not sign a Franchise tender, he has told me. Randy will probably get 8 mill to sign, 30 over 6 years now.

MDFINFAN said:
Well, we just saw Heap's contract and here's where Mcmicheal stand within all that..this was taken from the Giants site with shockey as the point of reference.

eremy Shockey vs. other NFL tight ends in the first three years of their NFL careers:

Receptions
Shockey - 183
Tony Gonzalez -168
Randy McMichael -161
Todd Heap - 141
Alge Crumpler -105

Receiving Yards
Shockey - 2095
Gonzalez -1838
McMichael -1874
Heap - 1735
Crumpler -1337

Touchdowns
Gonzalez -15
Crumpler -11
Shockey - 10
McMichael - 10
Heap - 10

Average catches per game played
Shockey - 4.7
Gonzalez - 3.6
McMichael -3.4
Heap - 3.2
Crumpler - 2.2

Shockey functions almost as a WR in that offense, whereas Heap and McMike and even Gonzalez still are TEs in their respective offenses. Shockey's #s should be better.

death7star said:
sign him before this season because he will have a great season and his value will go up, costing even more for us to keep him.

we will save a couple of millions by signing him before the start of this season.

I totally agree sign him now!:evil:

I could see Randy being one of the highest sought after TE'd in the NFL. He is young, great hands, and very athletic. I bet we see him, in a 6 year deal, get close to 10 Million signing bonus, and a contract of close to 21 Million total. Probably, but not definately, incentive's built in too. He doesnt have to take chump change, next to Shockey and Heap, he is,as many know, one of the top TE (And yes, I do think he is the best of em all). Just depends on who is looking, such as maybe a Buffalo, Denver, TB, SF. Just all depends on who gets in the race. But one thing is for sure. If we lose Randy, he will fetch a handsome price. 1st and 3rd. Man, wont that be nice, and add in that 2nd more then likely for JT, we will have double picks in every round draft day, in 06.

Back
Top Bottom