Randy McMichael for Fantasy Football | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy McMichael for Fantasy Football

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Could be the Top Sleeper TE pick of the Year. We all know him, but most people don't have a clue. Get him cheap and pick him up if you can!!

chambers84..............

Originally posted by chambers84
Could be the Top Sleeper TE pick of the Year. We all know him, but most people don't have a clue. Get him cheap and pick him up if you can!!

I picked him up in the 13th round of my FF league draft.;) Nobody knows a thing about him except us 'phin fans of course.

He's not even IN the yahoo player database. As soon as he makes it in though, he's mine...in several leagues.

And smallworld I hear is making you pay money to play their fantasy football anymore which is a shame because I can't think of another place that does it like they do where you have X amount of money to buy a bunch of players whose prices rise and fall with demand.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
He's not even IN the yahoo player database. As soon as he makes it in though, he's mine...in several leagues.

Yeah, Yahoo needs to get on it and get him listed. I'm going to be in one league for ummm.....points......yeah points..... Hopefully Mr. McMichael will be the difference this year, and i can take home all the.......points.

I hate sandbox, will not go there this year. What a crappy crappy interface. And they sell your info to any two-bit whure out there.

Let's not get too excited about McMichael as your starting fantasy TE. I would certainly take him as a backup, but I feel there are much better options out there if you are in an 8 or 10 team league. If you are in a 12 team league then I suggest taking him in the late rounds. I don't see him being an elite fantasy TE this year, but he is probably good for 400 yards and 3-4 TDs, which is respectable at that position. If you haven't drafted yet I suggest taking McMichael if there is an early run on the good TEs. If there are some good ones left into the later rounds though I'd say stick with the proven guys.

BTW I've got Pollard, Sloan, and Sharpe in my 3 leagues. I'd definitely use McMichael to back any of them up though. :D

I got him as my backup TE in both of my leagues......There are still solid TEs available...but i figure he has more upside.....i can always pick up someone else later if he doesn't pan out.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

And smallworld I hear is making you pay money to play their fantasy football anymore which is a shame because I can't think of another place that does it like they do where you have X amount of money to buy a bunch of players whose prices rise and fall with demand.

I love Smallworld. I finished 89th in the world 2 years ago. Sucks that you have to pay now. They DO have a free version. But it's only a 7-man roster and a $30 million salary cap. Plus the trading works differently.

Are there any GOOD free salary cap-based games this year???

I play Yahoo but I don't plan on picking him up in any leagues yet. I think he will have a good year but he isn't going to do as well as Freddie Jones or Frank Wycheck.

I think he may surprise you with how many TDs he catches though because he's shown a good nose for the endzone. Notice that his two most memorable catches during the preseason, were both right near the endzone. Against Tampa he ALMOST made it in. Against New Orleans he did make it in. Norv will use him in the redzone a lot, and the plus side is that he will use him at midfield too to stretch the middle of the defense. Usually TEs are just TD getters and dont bother with the middle of the field much (see Bubba Franks).

With so many weapons in the redzone (don't forget that if a defense doesn't double team Oronde's fade rout, he'll get the ball like 7 times out of 10) I could see McMichael having as many as 7 TDs this year. But he won't beat Pollard or Chamberlin for yards, and won't beat Wycheck for catches. Won't beat Chad Lewis in any of his numbers I dont think. BUT, I honestly think there's a very good chance he beats Freddie Jones the way the Arizona offensive line has been playing (more attrocious than us last year). They'll be reigning in the TE to help blocking a bit more than originally thought because bottom line is they NEED a running game.

Back
Top Bottom