Randy Mueller | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Mueller

His claim to fame was he put in a one season wonder New Orleans team in 2001. He was fired from that position too. It should be remembered he was also the GM that put Kitna as a starter in Seattle and put in cap-busting Dan Snyder type deals there.

Mueller also drafted Joey Galloway and Ahman Green, Pete Kendall b-4 holmgren got to seattle.
At the very least he's going to be better than Wanny. So that is something to look forward to. Wanny can concentrate on coaching next year and somebody else will pick the players. I think this giving Wanny his best chance to prove he's the best COACH for this tam. Time will tell.

His claim to fame? Ok fine I already talked about 1997. 1998.

He brings in Anthony Simmons and I think Kendall and Brown were that season as well.

Then he is fired the next year as Holmgren took over everything.

2000 he has that great season you speak of. His second year(2001) he gets solid players in the draft and McAllister.

(2002) He trades Ricky for two firsts and a third, plus get Deuce playing time. A spectacular move.

Benson has been talking bad about him in owner's meetings for a long time now and I find it hard to believe he did not know about the Williams trade.

He made one bad big move the Carter one. The Cornell one he did not spend much on and he was cut.

I mean it had been in the papers for about two months by then.

Two other smart moves. Letting Joe Johnson go and La'Roi Glover.
Glover has not been producing near his level with the Saints.

So what he tinkers? But the fact is he improves talent and gets his QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benson by all accounts is a meddlesome drunk. Mueller has had problems to be fair Dale Carter, and Albert Connell were two busts and apparently he and Kyle Turley did not see eye tyo eye. When you are dealing with 100's of player transactions some are not going to work out.

He was not the one that traded Turley nor drafted him.

Back
Top Bottom