Randy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy

flip

Starter
Reaction score
I still have this on my mind, it was so very cool what Randy said about a hold out. I dont remember the exact quote but it was something like, hold out ? youve got to be kidding. I love this guy.

Get over it. The guy is a marginal character with potential. If he held out he would have risked, in a big way, ruining his own career. Whatever people think of what happened last year when he got into an altercation with his pregnant wife, he still got into an altercation with his pregnant wife and then the police got involved. That makes him a huge question mark for other franchises and therefore a holdout would have backfired. In my opinion the guy has yet to prove himself. He has talent, he has potential, and I think, believe, and hope he will get himself together and have a great career...but a holdout would have potentially destroyed him, so sounding cool about not holding was real easy!

It's probably because he is currently under contract and therefor has no excuse to hold out. If we franchise him, I would bet anything that he holds out.

umm alotta guys hold out w/ a current contract. U know nothign about football.

And for the record he makes about 450,000 a year while Shockey makes more than 3 million

mcmichael realizes that holding out only hurts you...he has to learn a new offense...he will have a solid year and get paid...he is one of the better tight ends in the league...randy not holding out is kind of refreshing...i love his intensity...he will probably get a 5year/30m year contract...that is what todd heap just got...

raving said:
Get over it. The guy is a marginal character with potential. If he held out he would have risked, in a big way, ruining his own career. Whatever people think of what happened last year when he got into an altercation with his pregnant wife, he still got into an altercation with his pregnant wife and then the police got involved. That makes him a huge question mark for other franchises and therefore a holdout would have backfired. In my opinion the guy has yet to prove himself. He has talent, he has potential, and I think, believe, and hope he will get himself together and have a great career...but a holdout would have potentially destroyed him, so sounding cool about not holding was real easy!

Just in case you didnt know... Randy was the one who called the cops...

Nasty

raving said:
You need to get over yourself! :yell:

Back
Top Bottom