Rank The Dolphins' Weapons | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank The Dolphins' Weapons

Where do the Dolphins' Weapons rank in the league?

• 1-5

Votes: 147 94.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • 11-20

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 21-32

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
IMO, it's impossible to rank Miami's offensive weapons... at this time. On paper, they have the talent to easily be top 5, and maybe #1. However, getting championship production out of their championship talent is the problem, due to 3 main reasons.

1. The o-line is a question mark... again. It's incredible how in recent history, this team has o-line issues EVERY SINGLE year, whether it's starters, depth, or both. You'd think that the GM and HC would realize the importance of the o-line to the offense, but they don't seem to care too much. Grier is unable to build a decent line through the draft, and McDaniel just accepts this and has Tua get rid of the ball quickly.

2. Prior to the concussions, Tua occasionally scrambled behind a poor o-line and made some plays. Last season, either he was playing scared, or McDaniel told him not to run. Also, there were too many instances where Tua threw to a covered Hill instead of finding an open receiver. And again, we don't know who to blame for this. Did Tua not see the open receivers, did he feel rushed because of the o-line, or did McDaniel want Hill to get his 2K yards?

3. McDaniel needs to hire an experienced, successful playcaller to either take over playcalling duties, or to tutor McDaniel as his playcalling, adjustments (or lack of), and in-game management can be questionable at times.

IMO, Miami has the offensive weapons to be the #1 Offense, but they need a good, strong o-line, better and more effective playcalling, and Tua needs to step up his game. Actually, Tua is the key here, because in all honesty, I don't believe for a second that Grier will magically pull an above average o-line out of his butt, or that McDaniel will improve enough over the off-season so that he'll finally figure out how to counter when defenses take away what he's doing, and how to call more effective plays. Going for it on 4th down instead of taking the FG in a close game, refusing to pound the ball on 3rd or 4th and short or even throwing it behind the LOS when everyone can see that the receiver will be tackled immediately, and running the entire passing game through Hill (and occasionally Waddle) are not examples of strategic playcalls. The line is going to be below average and the playcalling is going to be a problem at times, so Tua needs to start playing like Mahomes and Allen.
Excellent post

JJ & Chase are pretty good but Cheetah has been the most consistently productive WR in the NFL.

Waddle is only Top 20 if you ask me but there's no other 1b WR in the league that has been as productive either.

Talent wise at least, based on what he has shown before, OBJ is the most talented #3 WR in the league.

At least at WR, we're #1.

Mostert, TD leader, Achane, YPC leader, Wright, YPC leader in NCAA plus one of Brooks and Wilson, plus Ahmed in PS, plus Ingold, and this is the #1 back room if you ask me.

Smith had a Top 5 season last year. Smythe was a serviceable starter and an efficient receiver last year and Ingold factors a bit here also. TE room is at least Top 5 also.

2 number #1s and 1 #5. That sounds like the best set of weapons if you ask me.

Either 1st or 2nd behind 49ers.

Bottom 5 oline kind of hurts it though.

San Fran?

Philly would think they are in the conversation as well.

Wouldn't trade units with either of them though.

The money spent on RB's would be my tie breaker here.

I think Seattle belongs in that conversation. They might be ahead of Philly. San Fran is probably 2. You could put Minnesota right behind Philly. They have the elite TE and if A Jones starts healthy he is great. We are number one though. That’s my top 5. If only the Falcons drafted a WR.

In order, I’d rank:

1. Dolphins
Hill, Waddle, OBJ, Mostert, Achane, Wright, Smith

2. Niners
Aiyuk, Deebo, Pearsall, Jennings, CMC, Mitchell, Kittle

3. Lions
St. Brown, Williams (one of my biggest breakout candidates for 2024), Gibbs, Montgomery, LaPorta

4. Eagles
Brown, Smith, DVP (lol), Barkley, Gainwell, Goedert

5. Texans
Collins, Diggs, Dell, Mixon, Pierce, Schultz

I'd go

Fins
Eagles
Texans
Niners......
Bears? - I really think they have some serious firepower.
Rbs: Swift, Roschon and Khalil Herbert

Wrs: Rome Odunze, Dj Moore and Keenan Allen

And my breakout canidate at TE: Cole Kmet

Not to dis on the 9ers but they had no WRs who could separate last year and it killed them in the Superbowl.

Lions are prob my #6 Laporta looks like he's getting fitted for a gold jacket already.

I'd go

Fins
Eagles
Texans
Niners......
Bears? - I really think they have some serious firepower.
Rbs: Swift, Roschon and Khalil Herbert

Wrs: Rome Odunze, Dj Moore and Keenan Allen

And my breakout canidate at TE: Cole Kmet

Not to dis on the 9ers but they had no WRs who could separate last year and it killed them in the Superbowl.

Lions are prob my #6 Laporta looks like he's getting fitted for a gold jacket already.

I never thought of the Bears and Lions due to depth but Minnesota and Green Bay have great skill position players. I give Minnesota the edge in that division. JJ is still the best WR in football. Addison proved he is a legit number one someday. A Jones is one of the few RBs in football you can call a weapon in offense. And TJ is a top three TE.

I never thought of the Bears and Lions due to depth but Minnesota and Green Bay have great skill position players. I give Minnesota the edge in that division. JJ is still the best WR in football. Addison proved he is a legit number one someday. A Jones is one of the few RBs in football you can call a weapon in offense. And TJ is a top three TE.
Yea, I think I discount the Vikings bc even with, what is undoubtedly great WRs and Hock, they don't have a proven QB that will get the most out of them in 2024.

I'm not high on Jones, he looked awful last year.

In order, I’d rank:

1. Dolphins
Hill, Waddle, OBJ, Mostert, Achane, Wright, Smith

2. Niners
Aiyuk, Deebo, Pearsall, Jennings, CMC, Mitchell, Kittle

3. Lions
St. Brown, Williams (one of my biggest breakout candidates for 2024), Gibbs, Montgomery, LaPorta

4. Eagles
Brown, Smith, DVP (lol), Barkley, Gainwell, Goedert

5. Texans
Collins, Diggs, Dell, Mixon, Pierce, Schultz
Great list.

I think Seattle belongs in that conversation. They might be ahead of Philly. San Fran is probably 2. You could put Minnesota right behind Philly. They have the elite TE and if A Jones starts healthy he is great. We are number one though. That’s my top 5. If only the Falcons drafted a WR.

I agree with that but I think Atlanta was wise to grab Penix.

Tua to Hill for 6 can happen on any down on any yard line on any defense. And it's not an anomaly. It's something thats made to look like the norm when it happens.

For this reason, the MIAMI DOLPHINS have the most dangerous offense in the NFL.

The problem is when Tua to Hill gets figured out, it seems like ol' genius boy didn't plan for it & can't adjust for it. This is why I put the onus on McDaniel.

I hate to break it to you but Tua's ceiling as it applies to making Mahomes-like plays is not much higher. Also, we don't need Mahomes-type play. Tua's ceiling need only grow to making the unbeatable throw when the drive/game is on the line. We don't need him running around like a mad man biding time.

What we need is McDaniel to scheme his arse off so when defenses eliminate Hill & Waddle, OBJ is sitting underneath in space for 7. Then Berrios is sitting in space for 5 more. & we can slash a defense to death ala Brady until said defense is forced to press & then we punish them over the top with Hill again.

Tua to Hill for 6 can happen on any down on any yard line on any defense. And it's not an anomaly. It's something thats made to look like the norm when it happens.

For this reason, the MIAMI DOLPHINS have the most dangerous offense in the NFL.

The problem is when Tua to Hill gets figured out, it seems like ol' genius boy didn't plan for it & can't adjust for it. This is why I put the onus on McDaniel.

I hate to break it to you but Tua's ceiling as it applies to making Mahomes-like plays is not much higher. Also, we don't need Mahomes-type play. Tua's ceiling need only grow to making the unbeatable throw when the drive/game is on the line. We don't need him running around like a mad man biding time.

What we need is McDaniel to scheme his arse off so when defenses eliminate Hill & Waddle, OBJ is sitting underneath in space for 7. Then Berrios is sitting in space for 5 more. & we can slash a defense to death ala Brady until said defense is forced to press & then we punish them over the top with Hill again.

It’s been my opinion for a long time and have said many times that to win a Super Bowl, and I understand wins and losses can’t be entirely put on the Qb.

But, I believe and have said over and over that the Qb needs to make a few individual physical plays, quick precise movements, either escaping the pocket, resetting it, or just maneuvering their body in a split second to get a throw off to win games with that type of pressure.

It’s one of the reasons I don’t want a 245 lbs Tua and want a 215-220 one

Back
Top Bottom