Ranking the Fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking the Fins

I think that with a new offensive and defensive scheme we'll be a little unpredictable the beginning of the season and get into shape as time goes on. We could win some games because our oponents won't recognize us, early on.

Jimmy James said:
This is my gut feeling...

Offense: 10th
Defense: 20th

I think the offense is a lot closer to complete than the defense is and that we're going to stun a lot of folks because we're going to struggle early on defense before things start to come together later in the season. I think we could have top 10 units on both sides of the ball in 2006, though.

That's pretty clean. My feeling is pretty much that too. Offense 18, defense 9.

Offense-17
Defense-20

I believe the ranks are based on yards, while I think the defense will be good, I think they may give up yards, but generate more turnovers. I don't believe that Saban has run the 2 deep safety that the phins would run with Bates, so I think more big plays may happen, atleast until the safety positions are solidified. I think Tebucky Jones is a good player, but I think he'll help more in the run than in the passing game. With that said the rankings are premature, I don't know if Chester will be healthy, we don't know who the other corner will be, so the rankings could go up. I do believe more the defense will generate more pressure on the QB though. The offense is a question mark, I do like Scott Linehan, I think he'll eventually be a NFL head coach, but if the offensive line is not improved, the Qb position needs to be solidified, and Boston needs to say healthy. The rankings do not matter ,the real stat is points for/points against and turnover margin IMO. Those stats generate how good a team really is, not the yards per game stats.

Back
Top Bottom