Rapsheet: MIA visiting WR Herron last minute | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rapsheet: MIA visiting WR Herron last minute

One thing I took away from that short clip was not the move at the top of the stem [which was nice, albeit he could have turned his shoulders to the outside a bit more to create separation], but it was the initial outside release and his dip of the inside shoulder - but more importantly, something that you don't see young wr's do very well is getting back on the stem rather than staying to the outside because he took himself out there. Savvy.

Dri archer is one of my must haves. Going to be a steal

Don't diss Thigpen. He made some vital and great plays, especially the late TD vs NE.

I may have been wrong about Herron challenging Thigpen for return duties. The Dolphins dispatched their special teams coach to workout Herron instead of their receivers coach.
With the draft nine days away, the Dolphins dispatched its special teams coach to Laramie, Wyoming, on Tuesday for a workout and meeting with Wyoming 5-9 receiver Robert Herron, a potential mid-round pick who has now had several interactions with Dolphins officials. Miami likes the former track star’s receiving skills (72 catches, 937 yards, 9 touchdowns in 2013) and wants to see him as a return man --- which is the reason for sending the special teams coach.

Among some of the other lower-profile receivers the Dolphins have shown interest in: Rutgers' Quron Pratt, Lane College's Greg Moore and Virginia Tech's DJ Coles.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ls-stadium-dolphins-heat-marlins-chatter.html

Wyoming

There were reportedly 15 teams in attendance at Wyoming’s Pro Day on Thursday, and wide receiver Robert Herron was a scene-stealer, with Benjamin Albright reporting that he clock Herron at 4.25 and 4.29 in the 40-yard dash. The Wyoming receiver also had “natural hands” according to Albright, and that could signal a rise up the draft boards for Herron.

Herron has been documenting the pre-draft process for USA Today, and he’ll likely be feeling positive in his next diary entry after showing that kind of speed at his Pro Day.

A running back as a freshman, Herron worked his way up the receivers depth chart as his college career went on, culminating in a 932-yard, nine-touchdown senior season in 2013. He was noted for having an excellent Senior Bowl, but ran just a 4.48 at the combine despite hype that he’d be faster. On Thursday, he was.
http://thesportsnews.info/nfl-pro-day-results-robert-herron-impresses-scouts-works-out-for-patriots/

Holy Crap! A speedster who can use his hands to catch the ball! We could use a guy like that.

I leave 'em froze like herronn in your nose. Nas'll rock well, it ain't hard to tell

Wait... Whaaaaat? Can somebody please translate this for me? Why would herronn (sp? I assume) be frozen in my nostrils and who or what is a Nas?

Wait... Whaaaaat? Can somebody please translate this for me? Why would herronn (sp? I assume) be frozen in my nostrils and who or what is a Nas?

I believe he would be referring to the narcotic heroin and that if one decided to snort it, it would leave one's nose feeling frozen? Also Nas is a rapper who some consider to be a legend in his craft, to each their own in that regard.

egar was trying to quote a song lyric by Nas, a rapper.

I leave 'em froze like her-on in your nose

Meaning: “Her-on” is the OG way to say heroin, because after you try it you become a junkie from “here on”. It occasionally gets stuck in your nose and becomes hard (“frozen”) after a while

egar was trying to quote a song lyric by Nas, a rapper.

I leave 'em froze like her-on in your nose

Meaning: “Her-on” is the OG way to say heroin, because after you try it you become a junkie from “here on”. It occasionally gets stuck in your nose and becomes hard (“frozen”) after a while

Ah, thank you. I listen to some hip hop but never heard the song or of Nas. As far as today's hip hop, it's mostly Eminem and Jay Z but for the most part, I never evolved beyond the gangsta' rap of the 90's. Lame, I know.

Quickly, to the iTunes!

We mentioned on Tuesday that one reason the Dolphins sent their special teams coach to work out receiver Robert Herron in Laramie, Wyoming, last week is because they want to see what he can do as a returner. They're already comfortable with his receiving skills (72 catches, 937 yards, nine TDs last season).

Here's what Herron subsequently wrote in his USA Today diary yesterday: "My workout with the Dolphins went very well. I was catching punts and kicks. This was the first time I actually did that. The other workouts were running routes. I didn't catch punts at all in college. At practice, I did some, but I haven't in a game. I told them I haven't done it since high school. It actually went very well, though. I caught them more fluidly than I thought I would."

Herron, a 5-9 former track star, looms as a mid-round option.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...rlins-canes-jameis-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

He has a full frame for his size and speed, he's not some frail little speedster. Reminds a little of Golden Tate in that respect. Interesting.

Larry Fitzgerald -ish

Draft picks:
1. Brandon Cooks - WR
2. Chris Borland - ILB
3. Cyril Richardson- OG
4. Robert Herron - WR
5 Storm Johnson - RB
6. Justin Britt - OT
7. Sentreal Henderson - OT

Back
Top Bottom