Ray Lucas blurb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray Lucas blurb

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Another reason I am not worried about Ray Lucas's performance this sunday and over the next 6-8 weeks is this. He is a free agent at the end of this year. That should mean that this is his tryout for other teams for the offseason. Granted that is a little bit of looking ahead but I bet it is a little motivaton in there fo rhis next big payday if he does good.

looks what 3-4 solid games did for Scott Mitchell's checkbook in '93 :rolleyes:

Ray is motivated by more than money though - he wants to win and prove he is a NFL QB something the Jets really never allowed him to do when then drafted Pennington and made him their #3 QB

I didn't mean to imply that he is motivated by money but more by that he thinks he can be a starter in the nfl and here is his chance to prove it. I'm guessing he playing for a shot at starting next season for another team (as I don't see him riding the pine here again if he does good). The paycheck reference was more of him looking towards a starting spot more than money.

Who says he wont get a starting spot here? if he does good ofcourse...

Phintaztik, I don't want to start a Fiedler post here, but I think with Fiedler's contract and the fact that he is 26-11 as a starter will keep him in the starting spot for a couple more years at least...whether that is good or not is to be determined

I think it depends. If Fiedler is only out for 4 weeks and Lucas plays well, Fiedler will still have the starting job. But if Fiedler is out 8 weeks or longer and Lucas plays well, I think Lucas will have the starting job.

Actually Lucas is a FA after next year, 2003...

Originally posted by Samphin
Another reason I am not worried about Ray Lucas's performance this sunday and over the next 6-8 weeks is this. He is a free agent at the end of this year. That should mean that this is his tryout for other teams for the offseason. Granted that is a little bit of looking ahead but I bet it is a little motivaton in there fo rhis next big payday if he does good.

No matter what unless Lucas averages over 250 yards and 2 TDs a game the whole time Jay is out Jay will not lose his job. Even if Ray goes undefeated the whole time Jay is out. I don't want this to turn into the Brady-Bledsoe thing, even though The PATS did win the Super Bowl. Brady's Numbers weren't spectacular or anything.

Yes, but if he is out 2 games before the playoffs and Lucas is playing good I don't think Wanny can bench him.

thanks for the clarification Oliver I thought he was a FA after this season. My point still stands though...If Fiedler is out 8 weeks and if Ray Lucas plays swell throughout that time. I think you have to go with who the players feel comfortable leading them down the field. If they say Fiedler is who we want then yeah go with Jay, but if they go we want Ray then I say stick with Ray. Sounds reasonable enough

Its ok to say he's motivated by money. Most of these guys are. Thats why they tend to have career years just before payday.

Ray Lucas is still a question mark though. We'll see how he does.

I agree CK..this will be his chance to show me...Preseason is vanilla defenses, now it's game speed and all,,,lets see his stuff..

Back
Top Bottom