Ray Lucas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray Lucas

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
If you didn't see it. Reportedly Parcells is still holding out hope to pick up Ray Lucas. Geez.....

RAY OF HOPE

Former Dolphins backup quarterback Ray Lucas has been working out locally, hoping for another shot in the NFL. However, his most likely destination is the Canadian Football League, where two teams have made offers.

Former coach Bill Parcells, who became close to Lucas when they were with the New York Jets, told Lucas to hang out. Parcells, now coach of the Dallas Cowboys, is hoping No. 3 Clint Stoerner, a favorite of Dallas owner Jerry Jones, falls on his face.

Parcells told Lucas he didn't want to sign him then have to cut Lucas later. Too emotional, Parcells said.

Good to hear. Hopefully Ray lands that job. He's a good guy and I wish him the best.

Yeah, Ray deserves to be on a team. Maybe he can actually start over Hutchinson and Carter...then we would have a Field Fest on Thanksgiving :D

Originally posted by ZOD
Parcells told Lucas he didn't want to sign him then have to cut Lucas later. Too emotional, Parcells said.

Damn the boy cried on the sidelines at the Jets game, has commited suicide because he sucks as a pro player... now Parcells is baby'ing his emmotional feelings.. what kind of punk is this guy??

I would expect this from a San Francisco 49er.. but come on man.. this is football!! you have to be thick skinned..

That's not it. Parcells is saying that HE (Parcells) would be emotional about it.

Originally posted by Muck
Good to hear. Hopefully Ray lands that job. He's a good guy and I wish him the best.

Couldn't agree more. Lucas played badly last year, but he is a stand up guy and I hope he turns it around.

Originally posted by Emskirch

I was hoping he was bagging groceries at the supermarket.

Yeah and Lucas would still fumble the cans placing them into that bags ....:(

Marino1983

That's not it. Parcells is saying that HE (Parcells) would be emotional about it.

According to Jeremy Shockey...homos are always over emotional!

Originally posted by dean_siu

According to Jeremy Shockey...homos are always over emotional!

I have afeeling Shockey is a homo for some reason.

Binggo! He may have been bad on the field but he definitely supported Fiedler and cheered him on from the sidelines.

I hope he comes back to haunt the fins on thanksgiving day.

What happened to Ray Lucas is a shame. The poor guy was being cheered like The Great One in preseason... people were clamoring for him to start over Fiedler.

After all the praise for his efforts, he still stuck by Fiedler... "I'm here to back him up; I'm just going to help Jay out, this is his team."

Then, he is put on the spot in a regular season game. The papers play it up a bit, and all Dolphans are on the edge of their seats because of the amazing win the week before (and because of the high expectations for the season)... he has a bad game... a really bad game... admittedly one of the worst a Miami QB has ever had.

Now, I'm not saying we should laud Lucas, say he's a great QB, or welcome him back... I'm just saying that he stepped out on the field on behalf of our team and he did his best. He failed, but it wasn't malicious... it took a lot of guts and not many backup QBs are ready to take a contender's season on their shoulders. Ray Lucas was not the best QB, but character-wise he was a stand-up guy.

I know you all laugh about sensitivity and that his crying made him a wus, but to me, it shows that he wasn't in this for the money. That guy just wants to play football. With all the talented, trash-talking, all-about-me players out there, it is refreshing to see a guy who is giving it his all--emotionally and physically. I know a lot of guys look at it like it's all about the paycheck, but it's pretty clear to me that Lucas did not. "Losing our season" hurt him a lot, and from what I've read, he was depressed for months. I feel for the guy, and I think as Dolphans we should too... he should be comfortable coming out of his house, because we should respect him for his effort and heart instead of disrespecting him for his game-time decisions.

I did find it hard to hate him the day he cried.

Oh well...I'm doing fine now .:cry:

Back
Top Bottom