RB is priority #1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB is priority #1

Originally posted by Marino1983
Minor is nothing like Dunn,, Minor does not posess the lower leg strength that W-Dunn has, Minor needs to build his upper body to take even the pounding that a possession or 3rd down back will take. R-Williams is a great back, no question but he is not worth a 1st and a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year, maybe if the Phins can get the Saints #2 this year but I doubt that will happen, Dunn is only starting his 6th yr this season. I truly think that WannSpiel has moved on from this trade and all the Phin fans that are waiting to by a R-W's jersey will have to log onto the Saints web site to get it !!!!! Marino1983 :yell: :fire:

I'm not too sure who you're looking at but I'm pretty sure most everyone else in this forum would agree that Minor is exactly like Dunn. I'd say Minor even has more of an upside that Dunn because he has fewer miles (6 seasons is a lot on a small back,) he's bigger, and we've seen all the potential Dunn has while Minor is still growing into the position.

Also, Muck had it right, Wannstedt said that he'd or Speil would be sitting down with Mueller some time this weekend so to say that the deal is dead when it hasn't even begun doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

There are a few backs out there to go after if the Williams deal doesn't get done but Dunn is certainly not a the most viable option. Allen, Levens, and Hearst are much better and fit better into NT's system.

Less of this :drinker: will make things much clearer.

If Ricky Williams is so great, then why are the Saints willing to trade him? Is Duece that much better?

Think about it folks.

Why did the Colts trade Marshall Faulk?
I think we can all agree that if this trade is made, their won't be too many unhappy fans. RW is the man, everything else is plan B. I'm not saying that plan B is bad but I would like nothing better than to head into next season with Ricky and Travis as our two main backs. Think about that.;)

Brooks v. Williams

Originally posted by dolfan87
If Ricky Williams is so great, then why are the Saints willing to trade him? Is Duece that much better?

Think about it folks.

I'm pretty sure the Saints don't see McCallister as equal to, or better than, Williams but they believe that he's more than adequate and can work well in the starting role with the focus of the offense shifting to Brooks.

I read that the Saints are in the midst of a personality crisis between Williams and Brooks and that was one of the main reasons they collapsed last year. At this point they believe they have a guy in Brooks who can be the focal point of the offense and with Williams on the team, he has to be the focus. Duece will fill his role as a good starting RB who will not need the spotlight.

By trading Williams the Saints can eliminate this personality crisis (if that really is what was wrong with them) and improve themselves with some extra picks.

So there are the answers to you questions.:eek:

Well, I suppose I can buy that, but Brooks was not getting it done last year. Seems to me like maybe Williams should be the main guy for them.

But hey, I guess we will see.

Originally posted by Expo88

I'm not too sure who you're looking at but I'm pretty sure most everyone else in this forum would agree that Minor is exactly like Dunn. I'd say Minor even has more of an upside that Dunn because he has fewer miles (6 seasons is a lot on a small back,) he's bigger, and we've seen all the potential Dunn has while Minor is still growing into the position.

Also, Muck had it right, Wannstedt said that he'd or Speil would be sitting down with Mueller some time this weekend so to say that the deal is dead when it hasn't even begun doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

There are a few backs out there to go after if the Williams deal doesn't get done but Dunn is certainly not a the most viable option. Allen, Levens, and Hearst are much better and fit better into NT's system.

Less of this :drinker: will make things much clearer.
I am talking about T- Minor , and if you really believe that he and Dunn are alike then I would suggest you find some games on tape that the Bucs were involved in, there is nooooo way you or anybody else on this board is going to convince me the two are alike !! Dunn is still a very good back, if the Buc's would have utilized his abilities with some decent game planning since he has been drafted, he would probably be a top 5 back in the NFL. Minor does have some upside because he has just finished his rookie season and has never really had the offensive game plan soley fixed on his abilities. I never sent a post stating that the deal for R-W's was dead ,,, my post stated that the Saints were probably not going to back off of their demands and that Miami was going to stick with their demands,, which means that- yea we will keep open the lines of communication open but both teams will move on .. There is too little time and too much money involved for teams to pitch a tent and build a campsite to see which one will blink! Football is a business run by businessmen not fans . It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to continue to make proposals for a trade when one team states to the media that we really do not want to get rid of Ricky we just want to see if there are teams out there interested in striking a deal, which inturn means that if we get our asking price - we will strike a deal. Apparently Miami has not met the Saints asking price and IMOP probably never will !! Marino1983 Post before this was accidently sent ----sorry :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Why did the Colts trade Marshall Faulk?
I think we can all agree that if this trade is made, their won't be too many unhappy fans. RW is the man, everything else is plan B. I'm not saying that plan B is bad but I would like nothing better than to head into next season with Ricky and Travis as our two main backs. Think about that.;)
The Colts traded Faulk because they were going to draft E- James #1 ! Faulk had some injuries and I think the Irsay's were just trying to dodge a big signing bonus and were not exactly thrilled with the last couple seasons he played at Indy. R- W's is a great running back, and it would really be exciting to have him in Miami's plans this season,, but not for what the Saints are asking for him!! And losing valuable draft picks this year and into the future .. Marino1983

I wouldn't be suprised...

...if we traded for RW and got a FA back.

We have Travis Minor, all well and good. But at this point we don't have Lamar SMith and 3J is there but with at best the respect of a backup backup.

As such, I would like to see the RW trade materialise and another solid back materialise. News at the moment is that the deal shoud either be done or discarded by Monday night. But who's to say there aren't two openings at RB?:D

with trades like this and FA available RB is not going to be a top priority for most teams in the draft. We can probably get a decent RB in round 4 or 5 and sign a vet like R Edwards to compete to work behind RW and Minor :D

T Minor vs. Dunn

Dunn has proven that he is unique quality RB in this league to be productive at his size- which is puny by NFL standards. The real question is not whether Dunn and Minor are alike, but is Minor our 3rd back and would we then want Dunn to be our #1 back ? Since we already have a 3rd down back, we should only sugn Dunn as our #1 back and that w/b mistake IMO.

That's a proposition ...

...I could live with, but it makes it so important to get the RW deal done.

There is a decent article on the Herald's coverage at the moment that suggests Dolphins are ripe for a run at the big game now, not it two years (when the D-guys may be demanding more than our Cap management will permit). So we need the quality back now, the support for the guy in the O/line and to maintain the efficacy of our defense (which looks to be addressed soon by the team in Indy).

I have to say though, the guys in Indy seem to be doing a pretty good job under the constraints we have. I'm bullish about the outcome. Go Phins!!:)

Back
Top Bottom