RB Ranking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Ranking

Just confirms what idiots the people at fox are. That was a horrible ranking. Many of those units have not even stepped on the field for their teams yet. How can they sit there and say NE will be the 8th best running team in the league after last year? They are morons. Miami should be in top 10. That's all they had for offense last year and tehy won 10 games. Give me a break. Foxsports is just as horrible as foxnews.

Least were ahead of the bills... :D

I don't think you can rank running backs individually, becasue there only half of the running game...

To be a good running back you need a good Oline, and a decent passing game.

muscle979 said:
How can they sit there and say NE will be the 8th best running team in the league after last year?
I think it's because they feel that Charlie Wiess will be on the field himself.

:clap:Good Article....It was ment to entertain, not give an educated ranking right?
The Dolphins, and unfortuantley the Bills should both me higher then tht.For one thing they said the Fins r a one-horse back, Travis Minor, Fred Russel, Leonard Henry can all hold there own.
Teams tht should be behind the Phins
Broncos
Bengals
Patriots
Rams
Vikings
Jaguars(close)
Seahawks(close)
Eagles(close)
Redskins(very close, but i dont think Clinton will do tht great in D.C.)

Just my oppinion, take it or leave it.

Justasportsfan said:
I think it's because they feel that Charlie Wiess will be on the field himself.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: lmao, i dont believe even the Dolphins Defence could stop tht man.

There are just two "elite" RB's behind Ricky on that list. They have Duece Staley just three spots behind Ricky and Duece can hardly reach a thousand yrds a year behind a much better line. The truth is, that list is based on O-lines not RB's notice most of the top backs on that list have a great line, Greenbay having the best IMO. They call it the RB rankings but it should be the best O-lines ranking.

Yeah, I saw this article. The stupid lists keep on coming. These talking heads have nothing to do in this dead period for football. Their only recourse is to come up with lists that mean absolutely, positively nothing. I am actually glad these "experts" are overlooking Miami this year. The funny part is that we have actually more talent now then when they were picking us as the favorite for the AFC East or Super Bowl.

ehh i dont think its that far off, they talking the entire RB core... you have ricky than nothing, plus a oline thats ehhhh... so i mean i dont see the problem, especially after rickys year last year...

some questionable placement, but not too bad

I think Minor is as good a backup as anybody has. They obviously aren't looking at last years stats, they are purely speculating. If last season was the measuring stick then NE wouldn't be so high and Washington would be lower too.

arsenal said:
ehh i dont think its that far off, they talking the entire RB core...
Pats are still ranked too high. Speaking or high, the writer must've been.

oh yeah its definiate speculation... but speculation also based on last year, you have dillon who when he played played wellk, plus a 1500 yd portis in washington... but i do agree that the pats are too high...

The rankings are a little wierd because the seem to penalize some teams for lack of depth more than others. Baltimore, Miami, NO, dropped because of questions at backup. NE didn't get the same drop.

Too High:

NE, Denver, Philly, St. Louis, Cinn, Pitt

Too Low:

Miami, Buffalo, Minn, Carolina, Indy

A lot of these list set the Pats up for a big fall, but that's normal, anytime a team win a SB, the next year there's a lot of hype about them, especially when a team pretty much brought back it's whole team and added someone of a Dillion's caliber. The list other than NE in the top 10 is pretty good, the problem with the Fins backfield for rating is that people don't know Henry, and only see Minor occassionally, Ricky does do the heavy lifting, maybe a bit too much. The coaching staff needs to trust the other backs.

Back
Top Bottom