Re-intorducing myself | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Re-intorducing myself

TheJetsBlow

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hi guys- some of you may remember me... die-hard Fins fan from North Jersey! Read the forums all the time, just haven't posted in a while and wanted to re-introduce myself to some of you who may have forgotton about me or are new to the site. Really looking forward to defending our AFC East title and posting more regularly with my fellow Fins fans! Cheers! :callme:

Hi guys- some of you may remember me... die-hard Fins fan from North Jersey! Read the forums all the time, just haven't posted in a while and wanted to re-introduce myself to some of you who may have forgotton about me or are new to the site. Really looking forward to defending our AFC East title and posting more regularly with my fellow Fins fans! Cheers! :callme:

Hope you stick around :hi5:

Hope you stick around :hi5:
The reason I didn't post last season was two-fold:

1). After the first two games, the board was literally unreadable. "Tuna sucks, Sparano sucks, heads need to roll!!"- that kind of stuff. I was disgusted enough with the outcome of both those games, and then reading the board made me more disgusted because of how unreasonable people were being after just two games! So I didn't post out of disgust.

2). We then started winning with the Wildcat in New England... I was floored. Shocked. Stunned. All in an amazing way. Then the wins started to roll- being as superstitious as I am, I figured some time after the San Diego game "I haven't posted all year...we're doing great. I can't start now- I'll jinx them". So I stayed away, but continued to read the boards every day.

I actually turned down tickets to the Dolphins-Jets clincher at the Meadowlands because of my superstition... I have been to 7 Fins-Jets games up here- and I'm 0-7. There was no way I was gonna risk it in a game of that magnitude... no way. I knew if I showed up some freaky s*it would happen, and we would lose, and I would want to jump off a freaking bridge. So I stayed home and watched it on TV... and we won!! And I don't regret it one bit because of how sweet it is, was, and always will be... easily the greatest moment of my life as a Dolphins fan (I'm 30, so I wasn't around for the 70's and in '84- our last SB appearance- I was 5).

Here's to the 2009 team giving us more great memories to remember forever!! I'll be making the trip to Miami for the home opener against Indy- maybe I will see some of you there!

Glad to see you post. Just jump on in on some discussions. :up: :hi5:

The reason I didn't post last season was two-fold:

1). After the first two games, the board was literally unreadable. "Tuna sucks, Sparano sucks, heads need to roll!!"- that kind of stuff. I was disgusted enough with the outcome of both those games, and then reading the board made me more disgusted because of how unreasonable people were being after just two games! So I didn't post out of disgust.

2). We then started winning with the Wildcat in New England... I was floored. Shocked. Stunned. All in an amazing way. Then the wins started to roll- being as superstitious as I am, I figured some time after the San Diego game "I haven't posted all year...we're doing great. I can't start now- I'll jinx them". So I stayed away, but continued to read the boards every day.

I actually turned down tickets to the Dolphins-Jets clincher at the Meadowlands because of my superstition... I have been to 7 Fins-Jets games up here- and I'm 0-7. There was no way I was gonna risk it in a game of that magnitude... no way. I knew if I showed up some freaky s*it would happen, and we would lose, and I would want to jump off a freaking bridge. So I stayed home and watched it on TV... and we won!! And I don't regret it one bit because of how sweet it is, was, and always will be... easily the greatest moment of my life as a Dolphins fan (I'm 30, so I wasn't around for the 70's and in '84- our last SB appearance- I was 5).

Here's to the 2009 team giving us more great memories to remember forever!! I'll be making the trip to Miami for the home opener against Indy- maybe I will see some of you there!

#1 will happen if the team is playing poorly until the end of time so get used to that :chuckle:

#1 will happen if the team is playing poorly until the end of time so get used to that :chuckle:

Yeah I know, but that kind of stuff just drives me nuts. I remember it being ridiclous here after those first two games. As assanine as the mere suggestion is, I'm sure there'll be someone out there that will start a "Fire Sparano" thread though if we drop the first two to Atlanta and Indy. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom