Read most of the pre-season nfl guides | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Read most of the pre-season nfl guides

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
No one is confident about any of our options at safety. Most refer to those involved as stop gaps. They are sure that coverage in the secondary will be a liability. I am hoping we find pleasant surprises there. But let us say that any one on the roster who surprises will still find growing pains. Whether that is Bell, Williams, Bigby, or Elam. Expect such. Tillman and Jones are there by default because of their experience, no matter how flawed.

Corner and defensive tackle were also noted as liabilities, not to mention qb. Let us hope Daniels can start, and Saban can alternate linemen in such a matter as to not overuse Zgnonia or some guy like Vickerman or Romero.

The most important acquisitions of this off season in my mind are...........

the position coaches. Without a doubt.

Lee2000

i think the idea, atleast this off-season, was to focus on the d line and getting a better pash rush, espeically inside, because nick knew there was going to be a major overhaul in the secondary over the next couple of years. so that, combined with some unorthodox blitz schemes and zone coverages will go along way towards helping the secondary until we can get it ironed out. i think we will try to keep the play in front of us, forcing other teams to move the ball methodically, with the philosophy that more plays equals more opportunities to create turnovers or more chances for the offense to make a mistake. it also means the defense could be on the field a bit longer, but that's where the added depth comes in.

I hope our DB's step up huge and start shutting teams down because the longer the QB needs to hold on to the ball the more sacks we will have.

Back
Top Bottom