Real Football Team Last Night!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Real Football Team Last Night!!

LOCAL SCUM!

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
You know, I never thought about it....But...watching the Canes play every week along with the Dolphins...Especially after last night, IT IS SOOO DEPRESSING TO COME BACK TO FINHEAVEN AND JUMP RIGHT BACK INTO THIS CURSED TALK. I LOVE me some Dolphins ever since I was in diapers, but the last few years, it's been a heartache to watch these Dolphins play. And a complete pleasure to have and watch the GREAT: MIAMI HURRICANES! We are soo lucky to have the presance of the University of Miami right here. Watching last night...Down 24-7...Every last fan in the house was popping a vocal chord at the top of their lungs throughout the entire game. Even when it looked bleak...This team NEVER gives up and we rally alll the way back to win 41-38! There is just NO QUIT in this team, and they repeatedly prove that from week to week. I for one am honored to just live in this time of greatness with the Canes, and I know I'll never forget what they're doing right now. History in the making. Everybody should appreciate what's going on. That Orange Bowl has an atmosphere that has rubbed off from all the superbowls, the perfect season, championships, and just all around GREAT games that have happened in there. Dolphins, please...We need to return back to Greatness. Take a page from the Hurricanes book of heart!

The Canes players have twice the heart as the Fins players. When they screw up and give up points, they don't give up. They just regroup and come back.

I have been a Cane fan since before it was cool to be a Canes fan (mid 70's), and I am proud of what this college has done. The NFL stars it produces, the championships, the great games. Awesome baby.

I do not expect them to be National Champions, they just are not good enough, but man they are fun to watch when they get in that hurry up offense.

i thought louisville was the better team last night....

man I would take either of their 2 QB's... that freshman is INCREDIBLE for a kid.

Philter25 said:
i thought louisville was the better team last night....

man I would take either of their 2 QB's... that freshman is INCREDIBLE for a kid.

Thats what I was thinking....trade down pick up a great Olineman AND a really good QB. LeFors looked like a guy who should be in the Heisman considerations. Sounds like a plan!

THE BETTER TEAM OBVIOUSLY WON. If Loisville were better-last night, they would've won. But they couldn't close deal. WE DID. With that said, Louisville played one HELL of a game last night. My hat's off to them..They REALLY are a good football team. I expect them to do big things. And the only reason we might not win a championship this year, is because everybody playing SoCal and Oklahoma are a bunch of sissies that won't beat em...And we all know how college loves to jump on those teams and stroke them...They are in love with those schools. That's the ONly reason we may not go. Favoritism.

they both had INCREDIBLE armstrength and vision. some of the passes they made threaded the needle.

Rolle was victimized on acouple plays. Some people consider him the best CB in the nation, well Louisville RAPED him last night. I think he was thrown at like 10 times and 7 were completions. I dont know the stats but off the top of my head that would be my estimates.

LeFors looked pretty good and Brohm looked INCREDIBLE coming in as a freshman playing the #3 team in the nation in the orange bowl. He was calm and acted like a pro. Threaded the needle on acouple of passes and marched RIGHT down the field on Miami. Brohm is a frosh, so he still has time to develop... thats just SICK! LeFors I think is a Sr??? Not sure. I would invest a late round pick on him.

I wouldnt be calling "heisman" just yet, but LeFors would be worth a late round pick. I see more potential in Rogers and LeFors than I do in Orton and Leinart.

BringBackShula said:
THE BETTER TEAM OBVIOUSLY WON. If Loisville were better-last night, they would've won. But they couldn't close deal. WE DID. With that said, Louisville played one HELL of a game last night. My hat's off to them..They REALLY are a good football team. I expect them to do big things. And the only reason we might not win a championship this year, is because everybody playing SoCal and Oklahoma are a bunch of sissies that won't beat em...And we all know how college loves to jump on those teams and stroke them...They are in love with those schools. That's the ONly reason we may not go. Favoritism.
I see a loss in USC's future..... dont they have Arizona State or someone semi-tough coming up?

ehh, I dont think Miami was the better team last night. They got a good kick return... I couldnt believe NO ONE was in the middle and they had acouple ghost holding calls in the 4th. Either way, this was the best college game I have seen all year.

Whatever, man....Nobody comes into the ORANGE BOWL and leaves with a win but US!

What a great game. I love the canes. However, I'd take that Louisville QB LaForse? Doing what he did against the cane D and making it look easy? Wow, I'd take him next draft, he's a senior from what they were saying. I'd make him my next QB.

Philter25- Not the better team? They scored on every possession in the second half, kept Louisville in check most of the time, scored on 2 (technically) punt returns made a critical 4th down, and numerous 3rd down pick ups, got pressure on the QB on there last drive with time running down to prevent them from getting into field goal range and won the game? That's the best team. The best team won. Miami came back. A lesser team does not score 20+ point in the second half and take the lead twice and stop the other team from getting into field goal range. Sorry, you don't like the canes, but they ARE and WERE the better team/ Louisville was simply the best offensive team the canes have faced in a very long time.

Those weren't ghost calls, just because you don't like them. They were people in the middle, Hester just ran by them before twisting the punters legs.

BringBackShula said:
Whatever, man....Nobody comes into the ORANGE BOWL and leaves with a win but US!
LOL.....in the 80's maybe. But in recent history teams like East Carolina were going into the Orange Bowl and just ***** slapping you guys around.

bigmiamifan said:
What a great game. I love the canes. However, I'd take that Louisville QB LaForse? Doing what he did against the cane D and making it look easy? Wow, I'd take him next draft, he's a senior from what they were saying. I'd make him my next QB.

Philter25- Not the better team? They scored on every possession in the second half, kept Louisville in check most of the time, scored on 2 (technically) punt returns made a critical 4th down, and numerous 3rd down pick ups, got pressure on the QB on there last drive with time running down to prevent them from getting into field goal range and won the game? That's the best team. The best team won. Miami came back. A lesser team does not score 20+ point in the second half and take the lead twice and stop the other team from getting into field goal range. Sorry, you don't like the canes, but they ARE and WERE the better team/ Louisville was simply the best offensive team the canes have faced in a very long time.

Those weren't ghost calls, just because you don't like them. They were people in the middle, Hester just ran by them before twisting the punters legs.
lol no dont get me wrong, im not a louisville fan at all... i just thought miami played like crap the whole first half and only played half a game....Berlin looked horrible in the first half and on some of his passes I was wondering who the heck he waas throwing to.... I dont think this was anywhere near close to one of the better canes performances...... they played great in the second half but their defense didnt look so great like it normally does.

I thought Rolle got beat on acouple plays and he got burned on louisvilles short TD in the 4th... I expected him to play better.

And the one holding call on the center where he was falling over was a ghost call.

They came back in the 4th and played great but they were outplayed in the other 3 quarters....

Dont get me wrong, I want to see Miami OSU in the national title game, I just didnt expect this game to be so close and Miami to allow Louisville to score that many times.

Brock comes through we we need him to. If we ran that shotgun offense and just let him sling it he'd be a heisman candidate by now. He's got guts. The atmosphere last night was awesome....Nat'l championsip comin up

fin-atic said:
The Canes players have twice the heart as the Fins players. When they screw up and give up points, they don't give up. They just regroup and come back.

I have been a Cane fan since before it was cool to be a Canes fan (mid 70's), and I am proud of what this college has done. The NFL stars it produces, the championships, the great games. Awesome baby.

I do not expect them to be National Champions, they just are not good enough, but man they are fun to watch when they get in that hurry up offense.
I love watching Amateurs play. There is a whole different feel to the game because the players are playing for pride and reputation rather than money. It creates a different kind of buzz. I enjoy it a lot. You have players out there on the feild who have to go 110% every play because their careers depend on how they do right now, and add to that the sense of pride one must feel to don a jersey for a NCAA Div. 1 football program! I am from Canada, and our universities will never ever catch up to the programs in the USA. We get like 500 fans to our University games and there aren't even bleachers at most feilds. The reason isn't because our players are no good or our teams suck, its because we do not have that historic aura surrounding our programs. We don't have athletic scholorships either. You Americans are lucky. YOu have this sense of community that players grow up in where they are superstars around their hometowns and they are engulfed in a atmosphere that has them focusing on their goals from the time they are 5 years old. We might have free Health Care for every sinlge citizen, but I owuld give it all up to be re-born an American and get a chance to grow up in one of these situations. Here I am in Halifax, I played one year of Football in high school and had 36 sacks in 15 games and when the seaon was done I was finished because our schools only give scholorships based on academic acheivment. Add to that crap that I had an average of about 83% (b+ I think in American terms) which is pretty good but you need to have over %95 (A+) to qualify for scholorships usually. I played hockey for Canada's team Atlantic at the worlds, but then I couldn't go to school in the states because I attended a Major Junior training camp and that conflicts with NCAA rules. Its crap.
Anyway, back on topic, I love the Cane's mainly because I always liked the dolphins and that ledt me to reading about UM. If I had a choice I'd rather go to teh Orange bowl and watch the Cane's then I would going to Pro and watching the dolphins right now.

MikeO- That was in or right after the probation years, so they don't count. We haven't lost much since Butch took over. We lost to Tenn last year because Brock was struggling. Just look at our record minus 1-2 probation years and our home record is pretty damn good.

Rolle did get beat but also knocked down 2-3 passes and had a massive hit on someone who dropped the ball because of it. He's not going to be perfect every game, he still made plays.

Brock didn't look that bad in the first half. We make the 4th and goal and score, it's a different game. Plus there was a drive that was 3 run plays and kick a filed goal. Brock could of had 4 TDs. Plus the Louisville team scored a lot in the 1st half, all like 80 yard drives, that took time off the clock.

All i can say, is put Brock in no huddle/shotgun and wow. Jim Kelly flashbacks.

Back
Top Bottom