RealDriscoll's Final Miami Dolphins Roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RealDriscoll's Final Miami Dolphins Roster

I would be SUPRISED if they cut Jason Allen. I know they can save a bit of dough, but the guy has experience, has made big plays in REAL NFL games, has improved according to EVERYBODY and is one of our BEST special teams players. Maybe a trade if anything, but not cut, nah, we don't have that luxury, and I'm not going to sit here and say Nate Ness or Nolan Carroll are better players at this point.

Pat White I am torn on, I still think a Pennington/Thigpen trade needs to happen for him to stick. I will say this, there are a few guys on that 53 man roster that I would cut in favor of keeping 4 QB's (including White), too much damn talent in White to just throw that pick away. I could be completely off and maybe they can Thigpen, seriously, I think nobody REALLY knows how they feel about Pat White . . . him being cut or not being cut will say alot (obviously).

I also think we aren't deep enough to just cut Quentin Moses . . . he has Farrrr more upside at OLB than Erik Walden, despite Walden's excellent special teams work . . . we need to DEVELOP an OLB, and Walden is nowhere close. Wake is still somewhat a project, Misi is a rookie and Ike is transitioning. Charlie Anderson, we know about .. . . . he can look good, but for the most of the team he is an average at best OLB. We have alot of young guys that play special teams, we needed Walden when we looked awful in 2008 and we obviously could still use him, but I think we are overall a bit better and can afford to develop a guy at OLB instead of using a roster spot on an exclusive special teamer.

"Loushaka Polite" Hard nosed fullback meets famous african warrior. I like it.

Phillip Merling is still kind of the wild card for one of the DE's. As of right now he is still on the roster and has not been added to the IR like Edds and Oglesby. If Merling is on the 53 I don't think Grant is a lock to make the roster. Not saying he won't but if they try to wait on Merling Someone of value at the DE position is getting a pink slip. IMO it seems kinda risky to hope Merling makes it back and risk cutting someone who will definately help out this year.

Might as well kiss Nate Ness goodbye if you stick him on the practice squad, some corner hungry team will snatch him up. I also think that since Ness has value at CB/S/ST he's got a good chance to stick on the 53. I'd like to see us keep more DB's on the roster since we know Will Allen has healthy issues and we immensely need depth at that position.

I respect and appreciate what Pennington has done for this organization, but i cant say that if somone waived a 2nd or 3rd....or possibly even 4th or 5th i'd shy away from that. He fell into our laps and learned the offense on the fly, mentored our rookie(s), took us to the playoffs, got comeback player of the year, 2nd place in MVP voting, and has no problem taking a back seat for Henne's development. We got him for free basically because of Favre that one year and its probably been one of the biggest blessings for the trifecta. In either case, if he stays or trades for anything less than a 6th then i'm a happy camper.

Phillip Merling is still kind of the wild card for one of the DE's. As of right now he is still on the roster and has not been added to the IR like Edds and Oglesby. If Merling is on the 53 I don't think Grant is a lock to make the roster. Not saying he won't but if they try to wait on Merling Someone of value at the DE position is getting a pink slip. IMO it seems kinda risky to hope Merling makes it back and risk cutting someone who will definately help out this year.

It wouldnt surprise me if they cut Merling, I think they wanted to see what they had at DE before putting him on IR or cuting him. We are deep at the position so they cut him, save the money and if no one picks him up bring him back to camp next yr to compete.

Back
Top Bottom