Reality about the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality about the Draft

infiltrateib

TV Doctor
Reaction score
Ok, you guys are funny.

You know the difference between all those analysts and WANNSPIEL? THEIR JOB.

I wonder if Mel Kiper or Len P ever had Moore in for a physical. You think Prisco timed his 40, or spent a single second doing an interview?

There's a reason teams have "shocker" picks... THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. The fact is, certain players are better in certain systems. We need fast, athletic LBs... once we get the fundamental athleticism, we groom them for our system.

You guys are so quick to judge, so quick to jump on the hating bandwagon because we didn't trade up to get Carson Palmer. I'm not going to sit here and say this was the best draft of all time, but I'm also not going to pretend I'm in a position to evaluate talent 2 years before it should be evident.

You're not in the front office, your job isn't on the line. It wasn't Dave's fault that Jay went down, and it wasn't his fault we didn't make the playoffs. Stop judging him and the draft and let things ride out for now. Look on the bright side, we are one of the most talented teams in the NFL and we just got a pretty solid draft.

How many pro-bowlers do we need for you to be happy? How many first-round draft picks? You guys have to remember, we didn't have a first-rounder because WE TRADED FOR RICKY WILLIAMS. In case you didn't notice, he kinda did sorta well last year.

Every year teams like Cincy make seemingly great name-based picks, and every year these ostensibly talented kids proceed to stink it up all year. What do we do? We take our 2nd-4th round picks and pick up guys like McMichael, Chambers, Wade, Konrad, Surtain...

Remember, it isn't all about college performance. Guys like Zach and JT slip to lower rounds and yet have the raw talent to really make a difference. Take a look at our past drafts, MANY times untested people like Randy McMichael get overlooked and then come in to make huge plays...

Relax, guys. Give peace a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think in the multi-million dollar business of covering the NFL that Mel Kiper and the ESPN guys just sit around over a couple of Coronas and decide what the think about the athletes? These guys have input from the athletes, their college coaches, pro scouts, coaches, medical professionals, etc. The spend the entire year watching every player tracking their productivity. They attend the combines, the Senior Bowl, the college games. This is a major industry and it is an advance science. When one of them says "Eddie Moore doesn't make sense" it is because several personnel people, coaches, etc have commented. They have looked at the numbers they have talked to the doctors. And they have solid research indicating that's where the player ranks.

You guys are trying to feed this crappy draft to us and tell us that poop is chocolate candy. It was a terrible draft.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Do you think in the multi-million dollar business of covering the NFL that Mel Kiper and the ESPN guys just sit around over a couple of Coronas and decide what the think about the athletes? These guys have input from the athletes, their college coaches, pro scouts, coaches, medical professionals, etc. The spend the entire year watching every player tracking their productivity. They attend the combines, the Senior Bowl, the college games. This is a major industry and it is an advance science. When one of them says "Eddie Moore doesn't make sense" it is because several personnel people, coaches, etc have commented. They have looked at the numbers they have talked to the doctors. And they have solid research indicating that's where the player ranks.

You guys are trying to feed this crappy draft to us and tell us that poop is chocolate candy. It was a terrible draft.

Let me get this right, you are taking the ppl's word who do not have anything on the line compared to the paid PRO's who have everything riding on the line?

Good choice!

Oliver...

fin-atic........how do you explain other GMs saying we got moore at a GOOD spot and that it was a GOOD pick???

how are you gonna spin that?

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
fin-atic........how do you explain other GMs saying we got moore at a GOOD spot and that it was a GOOD pick???

how are you gonna spin that?

Fin-atic keeps ignoring how 3 out of the next 4 picks were all LB's after we drafted Moore. Also that the Bucs had Moore as their #1 LB and they were planning on taking him at the end of the 2nd round.

I guess all those ppl know more than 2 NFL teams!

Oliver...

there is no way anyone can judge this draft class this soon after. there are several things that need to be taken into consideration. time and performance being the biggest.

for every rick mirerer, aundray bruce, or ron dayne there is a zach thomas, mark clayton and yes, dan (the coker) marino.

no, we did not walk away with that HUGE impact player we all were expecting, and a good number of these rookies will not make the team, but let's at least give them the chance to show us what they can do.

mel Kiper doesnt understand miami's needs and how turner runs his offense other than don lee will be good for norv. thats it. eddie moore will prove everybody wrong becuase he fits our system like a glove and he has high character. he will take marlons job from him. bank it.

There is ABSOLUTELY no way to judge a draft before the real games have been played. What would have happened if back in 96 we selected Zach Thomas in the second round? You'd all be moaning about the horrible early selection of a guy that wasn't supposed to be taken that highly...

Did you know McMichael was going to be as good as he is? Did you know Chambers was going to be special? Give me a break.

My biggest disappointment was that we didn't try and go after someone who could start for us (like a LT or WR) this year. But the more I read, the more I'm relatively happy with our picks.

What I am getting sick and tired of is the general labeling of the media draft analysts as know-nothing idiots. I know NFL scouts, general managers and coaches have more personally at stake at draft time than do the media pundits, but that doesn't mean the pundits are totally clueless. After all, their journalistic credibility is at stake.

I'm REALLY surprised Migs hasn't jumped into the fray on this one. As an aspiring journalist, I'd think he'd have some thoughts.

I disagree...sort of...

journalists usually don't give a crap about their credibility but they do about their readability...

Its all about putting your name out there...because it seems that many media types are rarely held accountable for their opinions.

"Journalists usually don't give a crap about their credibility"??? I'm sorry, but that's just wrong.

Ricky williams was better than any 3 rb from this draft, and your round 2 lb has as much or more potential as most of the other round 1 picks, and almost all of the lb went round two and McKay had eyes on this player, nuff said. You still added a top notch lineman as well who can play multiple spots, your team needed wr yes but they playe so much standard set that a round one or two pick for that position would see almost no play time in comparison to what he is being paid.

Re: I disagree...sort of...

Originally posted by RHoffman
journalists usually don't give a crap about their credibility but they do about their readability...

Its all about putting your name out there...because it seems that many media types are rarely held accountable for their opinions.

Rob I tend to agree with everything you say, but this is way off. The most important thing a journalist can have is credibility. If you don't have that, people won't believe what you say. Or trust what you say for that matter.

You're not wrong on the fact that Journalists want to put their names out there because it's true. That's all I've tried to do thus far. Writing for finheaven.com, kffl.com, and working for sunshine network has just been steps to put my name out there. But my credibility is the most important thing I have. If not, no one would care what I say.

These draft experts know what they are talking about, but it's they say that a team did bad by drafting a certain player that's bogus, because the team know what they need, and some experts might not understand the situation.

We needed Moore, and took him right before teams like the Browns were about to take him. When Kiper made his comments about Moore and the Dolphins, I don't believe he took that into consideration.

Back
Top Bottom