Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

There is never just one reason but yes a major reason why those guys failed was b/c they played w/ pressure to win for the first time. It's a different ballgame when you are expected to win.

This isn't about science and I'm not a scientist, it's about sports. Don't overthink this, there are no secret formulas.

Are we talking sports or science? you may be a talented scientist but that doesn't translate into sports discussions.

He showed a big improvement, it wasn't about #s. if it was people would be saying how much better he is for accoutning for 32 TDs this season and career highs in yards, TDs, comp %, etc...

The "reportedly" part is from the same PFT article. News spreads fast on the internet whether true or not so this doesn't validate the other "article".

Like it or not, football is a mathematical sport. You disregarding stats because they don't support your delusion that Sanchez is anything but a bottom third QB doesn't change that fact. Throwing ambiguous terms like pressure out there because the empirical data does not support your argument is a cop out, plain and simple...

Like it or not, football is a mathematical sport. You disregarding stats because they don't support your delusion that Sanchez is anything but a bottom third QB doesn't change that fact. Throwing ambiguous terms like pressure out there because the empirical data does not support your argument is a cop out, plain and simple...

I am speaking from knowing this game, some statisical formual is not going to change that. It is a HUGE difference playing on a bad team out of the race compared w/ playing w/ playoff pressure. I work in the sports industry not mathematics, I get to speak to players, coaches, etc... Trust me there is a huge difference. Some players don't get bothered by it like an Aaron Rodgers, others do. Until a QB can prove they can play big in big games I don't consider them successful.

I am speaking from knowing this game, some statisical formual is not going to change that. It is a HUGE difference playing on a bad team out of the race compared w/ playing w/ playoff pressure. I work in the sports industry not mathematics, I get to speak to players, coaches, etc... Trust me there is a huge difference. Some players don't get bothered by it like an Aaron Rodgers, others do. Until a QB can prove they can play big in big games I don't consider them successful.

The NFL is all pressure. You're on the biggest stage in the country. You can't quantify the difference in "pressure", so how are you going to describe the difference someone feels when their team is out of the playoff race and when they are playing in the biggest game of the season and end up throw 2 picks to the same defensive lineman? Good players are good players, period. There's no other way to describe it. If you're good, you're going to perform. If you're not, you're not going to. It's as simple as that...

The NFL is all pressure. You're on the biggest stage in the country. You can't quantify the difference in "pressure", so how are you going to describe the difference someone feels when their team is out of the playoff race and when they are playing in the biggest game of the season and end up throw 2 picks to the same defensive lineman? Good players are good players, period. There's no other way to describe it. If you're good, you're going to perform. If you're not, you're not going to. It's as simple as that...

There are many different types of pressure. when teams are out of the race the most important pressure decreases and it relaxes certain players(I call this the Jason taylor rule- great player until he's in a big game).

Sanchez stunk the other day but I don't believe it was b/c of pressure but maybe it was? I think he's proven the last 2 postseasons he can play well on the big stage but this team was playing bad football all around.

Good players are good players, period? why is it that Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, etc... have played so poorly in January? all top reg season QBs that seem to melt a bit under playoff pressure. Is it just coincidence?

He was very good in year 2, he took a major step forward before taking a step back this year.

Last year our D and run game were both very inconsustent, the pass game bailed them out many times.

Bush is not better than Greene, don't be fooled b/c he put up some meaingless #s on a team out of the race.

OL- Jets(even w/ the RT problems)
LB- even
WR- Jets
TE- Jets
QB- Jets
DL- Miami
DBs- Jets
STs- Jets

Since the Jets are so much better than the Phins, why did they lose in Week 17?

Moore had zero presssure to win, just like 2 years ago in carolina when he was "great" for a bad team then he stunk starting week 1 in 2010.

Moore had pressure on him b/c he was auditioning to be the team's starter. Henne isn't coming back and there are no other QBs on the roster to challenge him. I'd say he had pressure on him for sure.

Since the Jets are so much better than the Phins, why did they lose in Week 17?

Moore had pressure on him b/c he was auditioning to be the team's starter. Henne isn't coming back and there are no other QBs on the roster to challenge him. I'd say he had pressure on him for sure.

I don't think we were so much better this year but clearly once again we were better and anything can happen in one game especially w/ how poorly we were playing the last few weeks. NE lost to Cleveland last year, did that mean Cle was better?

No NFL team in their right mind is giving Matt Moore a starting job unless there are injuries. He's a quality backup, he's not a starting QB in this league. he had no pressure to win, all he could play for was putting up good #s and he put up good #s while being a .500 QB. This is the same situation as 2 years ago in Carolina then last year he started week 1 and was awful.

There are many different types of pressure. when teams are out of the race the most important pressure decreases and it relaxes certain players(I call this the Jason taylor rule- great player until he's in a big game).

Sanchez stunk the other day but I don't believe it was b/c of pressure but maybe it was? I think he's proven the last 2 postseasons he can play well on the big stage but this team was playing bad football all around.

Good players are good players, period? why is it that Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, etc... have played so poorly in January? all top reg season QBs that seem to melt a bit under playoff pressure. Is it just coincidence?

Playoffs are a different animal. All of a sudden, you're going up against the best of the NFL. No more padding stats on the creampuffs. You call it pressure, I call it stiffer competition. Good players lose too, which is why there are no other undefeated teams in NFL history. Some teams match up better with other teams, and you see that in the playoffs. That's my opinion on the matter. "Pressure" may be a part of the equation, but I'd argue it's less important than you're making it out to be. Much much less important...

Playoffs are a different animal. All of a sudden, you're going up against the best of the NFL. No more padding stats on the creampuffs. You call it pressure, I call it stiffer competition. Good players lose too, which is why there are no other undefeated teams in NFL history. Some teams match up better with other teams, and you see that in the playoffs. That's my opinion on the matter. "Pressure" may be a part of the equation, but I'd argue it's less important than you're making it out to be. Much much less important...

I agree the competition gets tougher and playing poorly isn't always about pressure. I don't think Tom Brady had a subpar game against us b/c the stage was too big but other QBs I think that is a problem.

Here are the final numbers for offensive points scored. The numbers in bold are points scored by the defense and special teams.

1. NO 519 (28)
2. GB 511 (49)
3. NE 485 (21)
4. Det 423 (51)
5. Car 395 (11)
6. NYG 385 (9)
7. SD 385 (14)
8. Atl 381 (21)
9. Phi 366 (30)
10.Dal 362 (7)
11. Hou 360 (21)
12. SF 357 (23)

13. Bal 343 (35) 3 less starts in the RZ and a total of 15 fewer starts in opponent territory than the Jets

14.Oak 343 (16) 3 less starts in the RZ and a total of 12 fewer starts in opponent territory than the Jets

15. NYJ 343 (34) (31 giveaways, most in the AFC, 4th most in the NFL)

The Jets rank 25th in total offense (Only 15 yards ahead of SF, and 16 yards ahead of KC)
Does anyone know where the Jets O ranked in penalties? I am pretty sure it would be in the top 10.

Most people already knew the Jets O was average / bad, but I wanted to post the final numbers for the Jets fans who thought otherwise.

15th is not bad ... it's average ... and certainly not acceptable.
The thing is --- did it ever occur to you that maybe the main reason we didn't finish in the top 10 was BECAUSE we lead the league in turnovers?? Your so big on pointing out how many times we started in opponents territory ... but the other side of the story is, how many possessions and potential points did we lose because of those turnovers? You have to wonder how many points we would have scored if we were simply in the middle of the league in turnovers.

where are all the other Jest fans at? lol (WhiteShoewillie? RevisChrist?BleendinGreen?)

I give props to junc for at least showing up even after we beat them.

LAjetsfan= Biggest biatch on finheaven.

15th is not bad ... it's average ... and certainly not acceptable.
The thing is --- did it ever occur to you that maybe the main reason we didn't finish in the top 10 was BECAUSE we lead the league in turnovers?? Your so big on pointing out how many times we started in opponents territory ... but the other side of the story is, how many possessions and potential points did we lose because of those turnovers? You have to wonder how many points we would have scored if we were simply in the middle of the league in turnovers.

A PPG ranking is not the only thing to consider when judging an offense. When you consider the amount of turnovers, penalties and the multiple times the D and special teams put the O in great FP, my opinion of the Jets O goes from average to bad. How many 3 and outs did the Jets have this year? How many costly penalties? Limiting those things are a big part of being a good offense. Turning the ball over is bad right? That is not a good excuse for not being a top 10 O. The Jets finished 25th YPG. The Jets finished 28th in Yds/P, tied with Sea and Indy, and only ahead of STL, Cle and Jax. You can blame the turnovers, penalties, O-line, the OC, the QB, whatever you want. All those things add up to being a bad offense.

That is what I was trying to point out to you all year when you kept telling me how good the Jets O was. If you watched the games, you could see the same problems plagued the Jets all year.

Your post is not exactly you eating your crow, but at least you showed up again. I commend both you and junc for that.

Oh snap! I see junc is back to talking **** again:lol2:

Well, his team did finish a Tony Romo and a Stevie Johnson ahead of ours. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom