Reason #3 why the FO failed our O in 2003 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reason #3 why the FO failed our O in 2003

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
most of us agree/know that reason #1 our O failed last year was the OL and the fact that all we did for the OL was re-sign Dixon.

reason #2 was all we did to help Jay and Chambers was get a medicore WR in DT

reason #3 is that we made a big deal of bringing back the best FB in FA ( see http://65.217.3.119/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=2578
We’re very excited to get Rob back. We felt he was the best fullback who was a UFA (unrestricted free agent). It gives us an opportunity again to follow our philosophy of keeping one of our own guys, and especially in Norv Turner’s offense where Rob has proven not only to be a good blocker, but an excellent receiver out of the backfield

and that got us all of 1 yards rushing and 16 receptions

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.asp?strSection=stats&ID=26992

:nono: throw the ball the FB more please....

We really UNDER used Konrad all season long. He is a great FB and since Ricky has been dropping balls in the backfield so much recently, he is another great option to throw the ball off to. Hopefully Collier will use him more than Norv.

Originally posted by Gonk
We really UNDER used Konrad all season long. He is a great FB and since Ricky has been dropping balls in the backfield so much recently, he is another great option to throw the ball off to. Hopefully Collier will use him more than Norv.

I'm sure he will. He knows all of the RB's potential better than anyone and will utilize them properly.

I cannot help feeling and just about every 1st down play that we can get more that 4 yards throwing to Konrad, especially ag slower LBs like the Jets and Pats have

How is this the FO's fault? They brought him back. The player that was needed, was signed. He just wasn't used properly once the season started.

Konrad was injured a good portion of the season, I think he missed like 4 games. He still has pathetic stats, but it wasn't all his fault......

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Konrad doesn't do much when he catches passes though.. He falls to the ground too easily

dude you have to be kidding. Rob had several KILLER screen plays this year. Vital plays even. He's great at catching and running with it... I don't know where you're getting this from

and that got us all of 1 yards rushing and 16 receptions

How dare you short him of his other 16 yards rushing :)

Back
Top Bottom