Reason For Optimism? Miami Dolphins’ First-year Defensive Players Growing Together, And Quickly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reason For Optimism? Miami Dolphins’ First-year Defensive Players Growing Together, And Quickly

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
GettyImages-1025403406.jpg

Dolphins rookies Minkah Fitzpatrick and Jerome Baker were chatting before a game at the Patriots two week ago.

“He was a little nervous, I was a little nervous,” Baker recalled this week. “I was like, ‘It’s Tom Brady.’ We definitely lean on each other.”

Miami suffered a bad loss that day, but each game, win or loss, is a growing experience for the 21-year-olds. That day, Fitzpatrick picked up his first career interception, against Brady. That day, Baker picked up 10 tackles.

And then last week, despite another loss, both players took yet another step forward, together, in the NFL.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...-together-and-quickly/523Mcnjd0D07zXWvb7YMZN/

Last edited:
Let's just sign Jay Fiedler and Ricky Williams and it will be the early 2000s all over again !

I like what I see from our young defense and continuing to draft well is key to their growth....but if our offense can't produce 1st downs and keep them off the field for a "minute" … their effectiveness will be limited

Would love to see us get that one player at DE or LB that gives others pause when playing us

The secondary is promising. Rest of the defense...eh.

Only concern Is we need another pass Rush to complement Quinn, and TJ Is liability in coverage. Taylor, Godchaux and Baker are Gems, Fitzpatrick was a big hit, Howard Is turning elite, Rashard already Is. Quinn, McCain and Alonso are playing great. Defense Is getting better each week. If McMillan continues to grow, and we can find another DE, and depth. This defense has lot to root for. Now the offense....... One of the worst of the NFL, trending downwards and to be honest I dont think it Will get better. Not under this pathetic OL and our bottom of the league QB. Maybe Gase Is not this bad. Stuborn he Is for sure. The only way we can know if Gase Is worthless ir not Is to pair him with a capabble OL and QB, which we wont have this season. What a shame.

The defense has been one of the best parts of our team this season. It would be even better if the offense did their job.

best part is they are young enough and cheap enough where they can survive a young QB and growing pains if we have to go that rotue

Back
Top Bottom