Rebuilding... How many years will it take? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rebuilding... How many years will it take?

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw this season as our last great hope to go to the Super Bowl... I see losing many key players next year...

So how many years will it take to rebuild and be a playoff caliber team??

I say 3-5 years

We already have the talent in place and will have it next year. We just need the coaching and we are a playoff team again.

We might lose some guys, but we will still be a very talented team next year. If we hire a good coach, we will be a playoff team.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

We already have the talent in place and will have it next year. We just need the coaching and we are a playoff team again.

We might lose some guys, but we will still be a very talented team next year. If we hire a good coach, we will be a playoff team.

exactly... if we had someone like parcells we'd be in the SB. we just need coaching.

I dont see it Ice... Jr will probably be gone, Tim Bowens has stated he is "done", who knows with Sam Madison and his costly contract......

OGun is almost a certain goner...

Matt Turk only has a one year contract, so there is a need for a punter.... Ruddy is finally outta here... Dixon is toast, Jay and/or Brian is history...

Did I forget anyone??

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Agreed, rebuilding isn't necessary at all IMO.
Defensive stars should stay pretty much intact and we've got a franchise back. Just need the OL to grow, a QB, a few good FA pickups and a fiery coach. All of that is attainable with the right moves. They could contend next year.

There is still enough talent on this team to become a playoff team next season. We just need do make the right moves in coaching.

Take a note from UCF and go out on a limb to get the best guy possible for the job.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
0 years if we do the right things.

Yup look at New England, they start off 2001 at 1-4, and they win the SB. It really depends on who we get.

If this team rebuilds instead of reloading, it's going to be 3 seasons before the team sees the playoffs again. What do I mean by rebuilding? I mean:

- Rookie QB, possibly starting from Day 1
- Lots of veterans released
- Lots of rookie FAs
- Seriously considering moving every single player when their cap hit allows it to happen -- I mean even Ricky

Less than this isn't really a rebuild, IMHO...

I think the team is going to lose too many players to just "retool" or "reload"... but not enough players to officially "rebuild"

I do see the team entering this off season needing a football guru such as Don Shula or Bill Walsh type to take the reigns and design a new team (using both the older vets and fresh blood) ... but, in my opinion, an average head coach will continue to produce an average football team bordering on the 6th wild card spot each year...

The bad thing is... I dont see any real geniuses out there that can be had....

Back
Top Bottom