Receiver Formations and Personel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Receiver Formations and Personel

A/C Dorsal

Historic Franchise Pride
Reaction score
i see an ongoing debate over who the #2 and #3 guy should be, and how often they should all be on the field and so on. the thing that doesn't seem to come up is the fact the our 3 receiver set is on the field most of the time. cus Randy McManly is the 2nd best receiver on the team. where he lines up is the whole difference in what kind of set they are in. who wants to see DT or JM, so much, as to take Randy off the field?

Originally posted by A/C Dorsal
i see an ongoing debate over who the #2 and #3 guy should be, and how often they should all be on the field and so on. the thing that doesn't seem to come up is the fact the our 3 receiver set is on the field most of the time. cus Randy McManly is the 2nd best receiver on the team. where he lines up is the whole difference in what kind of set they are in. who wants to see DT or JM, so much, as to take Randy off the field?

I agree. You want to keep Randy on the field as much as possible. I don't agree with the 3 wide idea because you're either taking out Randy or Konrad, who is also a good receiver. We can do a lot more with him than what we've seen already. Anyone ready to jump on the "Bring Oronde Gadsden back" bandwagon yet? I'm driving. They should've waited for him to heal. He would be playing now if they didn't put him on that injured list.

Re: Re: Receiver Formations and Personel

Originally posted by ILOVETHEMADDOG

Bring Oronde Gadsden back" bandwagon yet?

We can say anything about him but the fact is that Miami has never replaced him since he was injured. Our passing offense looked great last year with Chambers and him before his injury.

Well, you can have R Mc on the field as well as three wides. It's just like having Ricky, JM, McK McM, CC at the same time.

It would be a hell of alot better to actually spread these guys out if theyr gonna stack that box like they've been doing. I'd love to see just about any LB try to cover RMc one on one.

I don't understand it, I played football for a long time and it was a pretty simple strategy with what they're doing on D. Maybe our O-line is so bad they can't hold them out long enough to not have max protect on almost every play. Does Konrad pass block that well that we have to leave him to keep our QB alive?

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
It would be a hell of alot better to actually spread these guys out if theyr gonna stack that box like they've been doing. I'd love to see just about any LB try to cover RMc one on one.

I agree. Ricky is only 226. He should get spread out wide sometimes. Does anyone really think our current WR's on the bench (besides McKnight) would be more effective than Ricky? Or am I just naive?

1.Chambers
2.McKnight
3.Simmons(slot)
-With Tolver in 3-WR sets sometimes.

That's how I want it right now.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Well, you can have R Mc on the field as well as three wides. It's just like having Ricky, JM, McK McM, CC at the same time.

I don't understand it, I played football for a long time and it was a pretty simple strategy with what they're doing on D. Maybe our O-line is so bad they can't hold them out long enough to not have max protect on almost every play. Does Konrad pass block that well that we have to leave him to keep our QB alive?

Different formations with the same ppl does what I call, "mix'em up and screw'em up" !! Split all 3 wRS and McM our wide, spread that 5 and we'll wind up 5 on 5 blocking up front alot. I don't think they'll play man on everybody wide w/o safety help. They can all run fly and post patterns taking everybody deep with them and IF they're covered, you have Ricky out of the backfield. Or with everything wide, run Ricky. But it's not what you want to do every down tho.

Back
Top Bottom