2001 Rookie of the Year
Reaction score
As it looks now these would be the receivers we keep

1.Chris Chambers

2.Derrius Thompson

3.James McKnight

4.J.R. Tolver

5.Sam Simmons

Now this is just my opinion but what do you all think.

I haven't heard about Baker or Newson much at all but heard a little about Jackson here and there.

Are Bellamy and Newsome the only ones other then the guys listed that have a shot at this pt now?

I think those are the most talented and secured jobs to be on the roster... We probably will keep Robert Baker on the Practice squad or something like..

I think Simmons is ahead of Tolver right now.

Also, I believe Baker's practice squad time has run out (as he has been there two years if I'm not mistaken).

Is do or die for Baker...

Chris Jackson has been non-existent :confused: :whaasup: w/that ?

Waaaaay too early to tell. But...

Man, it's too soon to tell. HOWEVER,...

Obviously, Chambers is the #1 receiver.

Derrius Thompson SHOULD BE the #2, if for no other reason, than because he's performed SO well, so far. Personally, I think his size and strength HAVE TO BE exploited against a lot of the smallish/lighter DB's in the league. I mean, really, just imagine DT in a fade route with someone like Antoine Winfield (5'9", 180 lbs) trying to cover him. :roflmao:

#3 should be McKnight on account of experience, first, and speed, second.

#4 and #5 depends totally on who performs best from now until the end of pre-season.

My guess? Tolver and Simmons are the front runners (based on performance so far, in camp). I prefer Tolver over Simmons 'cause of his size. But, then, that's not as important as making the "clutch catch" on a consistant basis. However, if both show that they can perform well, consistently, then I say go with the guy that's bigger, taller, faster, etc.

Newsome and Baker? Here's one guess I've got regarding Baker. He's been trying to make the team for like what? Four years now? Something's got to be catching (or not) the coaches eyes about this guy that simply keeps them from trusting him. Not sure what it is. He sure always seem to play hard.

Newsome. Outside of NFLE, I don't know much about him. He looked great this spring/summer. Good return man. Maybe that's an edge over Baker. Don't know.

Jackson???

OG... man, that's rough. My guess is that he's done. Damn, I still remember that one handed catch against the Jets last year. Albeit... I also remember the two or three drops he had in that same game, so...

For what it's worth... I'd rather see our team go with youth, aka SPEEEEED!

It's what's been lacking (receiving wise).

Re: Waaaaay too early to tell. But...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
I mean, really, just imagine DT in a fade route with someone like Antoine Winfield (5'9", 180 lbs) trying to cover him. :roflmao:

Are you serious? If that's his actual size he plays pretty well with it. DT having a few inches and 45 lbs on him though and whoa :tongue:

There's also Jimmy Fryzel who has shown some speed...
It would be interesting to see what veteran WR are out there...
Jeff Odgen and Antonio Freeman ?:cry:

Originally posted by Hurricane495
As it looks now these would be the receivers we keep

1.Chris Chambers

2.Derrius Thompson

3.James McKnight

4.J.R. Tolver

5.Sam Simmons

Now this is just my opinion but what do you all think.

I haven't heard about Baker or Newson much at all but heard a little about Jackson here and there.

I agree, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Tolver and Simmons switch spots a few times throughout TC and the season.

My guess is Newsome has the best chance at the practice squad.

Re: Re: Waaaaay too early to tell. But...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
... a few inches...

Uhhh... try about a HALF a FOOT!!! 6 ft 2 minus 5 ft 9 =

5 inches... OR... almost half a foot. NICE! :D

DT could, seriously, end up being a HUGE FACTOR for our offense this year. And not the least of which because he already knows Norv's system. What a GREAT pickup.

Front Office... :up:

Re: Re: Re: Waaaaay too early to tell. But...

Uhhh... try about a HALF a FOOT!!! 6 ft 2 minus 5 ft 9 =

5 inches... OR... almost half a foot. NICE! :D

DT could, seriously, end up being a HUGE FACTOR for our offense this year. And not the least of which because he already knows Norv's system. What a GREAT pickup.

Front Office... :up:

I haven't seen a lot of DT . I saw a few Skins games last year but that's it.

But watching him in camp is impressive.

A small CB will have a very difficult time guarding him

Re: Waaaaay too early to tell. But...

Man, it's too soon to tell. HOWEVER,...

For what it's worth... I'd rather see our team go with youth, aka SPEEEEED!

It's what's been lacking (receiving wise).

I can't believe some one said this and no one attacked..Okay, i get it, you guys just don't like me...Oh well I'll pack my bags now, go get on the bus and give the bills hell for this.:lol:

From what I've heard on th camp reports.. Or "read".. Derrius Thomspon has been getting the best of Surtain and MAdison each day so far.. I really do like to hear that yet I don't.. Are Madison and Surtain just not trying hard?? Or is Thompson actually giving them a daily whoring??

Back
Top Bottom