Receivers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Receivers

Here is my take...

1. Chris Chambers (of course)

2. Derrius Thompson (who was already named 2nd by Dave)

3. James McKnight

4. Sam Simmons (this guys may not be big but he's got the speed everyone has been screaming that we need)

5. J.R. Tolver

I like this set up and i think it will work for our team. We have a lot of reciever depth at the moment and this could change by the end of training camp but honestly.. i really believe this will be the end result.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
From what I've heard on th camp reports.. Or "read".. Derrius Thomspon has been getting the best of Surtain and MAdison each day so far.. I really do like to hear that yet I don't.. Are Madison and Surtain just not trying hard?? Or is Thompson actually giving them a daily whoring??

I guess it goes back and forth but since DT is new and we are looking for a 2nd receiver to help Chris out, it just more noticeable. But I've seen Madison and Surtain make plays against him. I think he might the best receiver we brought in here since..Umm I can't think of one. DT is just a big presence with natural abilities. When you guys see him catch this weekend you will notice how smooth and natural he his. Basically, he makes it look effortless..But it's hard for the DB's in practice now because Jay is so smart and throwing the ball so well. I think Sat. will prove how greatly "Super Jay" has improved since his last game. His just so patient and knows what's going on, plus so patient and knows if nothing there to just tuck and run with it. Super Jay is just throwing beautiful, crisp and sharp passes all over the field..

I think we have successfully identified the key difficulty of evaluating a team against itself. Every great play can arguably be called a bad play by someone else we care about. For example:

JT getting to the QB! Great right? But what about our Tackles?

DT dominating! But what about our corners?

On top of that, as Dixon pointed out, the D knows our plays and "Cheats" (espicially Zach and JR) making the offense look bad.

I can't wait till we practice against the Titans. Then we will know who is doing well.

Originally posted by PhinKev
I think we have successfully identified the key difficulty of evaluating a team against itself. Every great play can arguably be called a bad play by someone else we care about. For example:

JT getting to the QB! Great right? But what about our Tackles?

DT dominating! But what about our corners?

On top of that, as Dixon pointed out, the D knows our plays and "Cheats" (espicially Zach and JR) making the offense look bad.

I can't wait till we practice against the Titans. Then we will know who is doing well.

What a novel idea...:D Someone actually sees...

Back
Top Bottom