Recent draft blunders by The Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Recent draft blunders by The Dolphins

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
As I sit quietly waiting for the Dolphins to actually cross midfield at some point, I wondered who the Fins could've had on their offense had they not drafted for defense with Fletcher and E.Moore.

I shouldn't have done that..because now I'm sick. Of Course it's easy to look back in hindsight, but damn..it hurts to see who they passed on.

As most of you have already gotten upset about....instead of Moore, we couldv'e had Anquan Boldin. Of course, we should all remember that he wouldn't be that good with the Dolphins because they wouldn't know how to use him.

Instead of Fletcher, they could've drafted either Todd Heap or Chad Johnson. Wow...tell me that that doesn't make you want to puke!

Good Job Wannstedt/Speilman!!!

McMichael, Heap, they're about the same talent wise so that's a wash. I'm still convinced Chambers is at least, if not more, talented than Johnson so I won't concede that one. The Boldin thing however is sickening because the 'Fins actually had this guy on the phone and decided to pass. Can you believe that? I know hindsight is 20/20 blah, blah, blah, but they obviously thought enough of him to consider him there but then they chickened out and went defense...again.

Expo, the thing I was saying about Chad Johnson is that Miami could have drafted them both. That would've been insane.

Could have, should have yet didn't. No point in looking at this now, however we can take steps to ensure these same types of blunders won't occur next year. Its time for change.

The dolphins hit on their draft picks just as much if not more than the other NFL teams.

The problem is the O-line and the QB position.

boldin would likely be on the bench with tolver all season...the coaching staff decided to start an undrafted practice teamer ahead of tolver :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
As I sit quietly waiting for the Dolphins to actually cross midfield at some point, I wondered who the Fins could've had on their offense had they not drafted for defense with Fletcher and E.Moore.

I shouldn't have done that..because now I'm sick. Of Course it's easy to look back in hindsight, but damn..it hurts to see who they passed on.

As most of you have already gotten upset about....instead of Moore, we couldv'e had Anquan Boldin. Of course, we should all remember that he wouldn't be that good with the Dolphins because they wouldn't know how to use him.

Instead of Fletcher, they could've drafted either Todd Heap or Chad Johnson. Wow...tell me that that doesn't make you want to puke!

Good Job Wannstedt/Speilman!!!

I can't recall many people being happy with either pick.
I was shocked at both and in hindsight they sure smell like major blunders.

Fletcher.... bust
Moore.... see A. Boldin

Yes I know the draft is a crap shoot at times but the team went directly away from their needs on both of these high draft choices.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
boldin would likely be on the bench with tolver all season...the coaching staff decided to start an undrafted practice teamer ahead of tolver :rolleyes:

Tolver was injured. Nobody around here knew anything about it but, apparently, the injury happened early on and the guy just never recovered from it. One day we were talking about him starting and the next the 'Fins are placing him on IR. Go figure.

How can ANYONE say that Eddie Moore was a bad pick when the guy hasn't played a down???? That is ridiculous.

Generally Wannstedt and Spielman have done a decent job with the draft and with free agent pick up's after the selection meeting.

I think you can definately say that Moore is a bad pick, unless he comes out and explodes. We dont need 2nd round quality depth at LB right now. Hendricks is good depth, and can play every LB position.

Greenwood has worked out fine. He's playing very good.

Originally posted by Expo88
McMichael, Heap, they're about the same talent wise so that's a wash. I'm still convinced Chambers is at least, if not more, talented than Johnson so I won't concede that one. The Boldin thing however is sickening because the 'Fins actually had this guy on the phone and decided to pass. Can you believe that? I know hindsight is 20/20 blah, blah, blah, but they obviously thought enough of him to consider him there but then they chickened out and went defense...again.

I agree with this. However I would also like to point out that most of our talent is VIA draft not free agency and we had some great draftees. I know not all are wanny but here we go.
Surtain & Madison both 2nd round
Taylor 3rd rd
Thomas 5th rd
chambers 2nd
Mcmike 4th
all potential or current probowlers. Wanny does a fair job picking talent in lower rounds. I thinnk he is a crap coach and a fair to good scout. Perhaps we could demote him?:D

Disgustipate - that is flat out ridiculous. Clearly you know more about the Miami LB situation than our coaches and the front office. The guy has not played a down and yet you are writi9ng him off. Of course, I'm sure that you think Junior Seau and Zach Thomas will be playing for us in say 2 years time.

And whilst I love Tommy Hendricks, he isn't a long term starter.

Originally posted by Boomer
How can ANYONE say that Eddie Moore was a bad pick when the guy hasn't played a down???? That is ridiculous.

IMO, it isn't so much the selection of Moore that was bad.....he could be very good. The passing on Boldin to pick Moore was what was bad.

moore from what i undserstand is a great blitzer. so maybe DW was looking at that to change the D.

either way we need a new coach, who will take risks.

i like dave as a person. he seems like a real nice guy, and his players like him. but he'll always be 4th and inches... then punts.

the only way i woild want DW to stay was if he fired his choaching staff, and got some REAL people. thats pretty hard to do in the NFL because they're so many coordinators that can be HC, or don't wana leave the place they're at.

the draft was not really the problem but a symptom of WannSpiel expecting Nails and Dixon to form a solid left side of the OL. AS we all know Dixon has not played and Nails has not been himself. You can criticize the pick of McKinney on that he s/have beat out Ruddy. That has been the weak spot of the team. WannSpiel's FA selections have been more questionable than their draft especially since we traded away to #1s for RW

Back
Top Bottom