Recording Games | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Recording Games

I called the saints box office about tickets, single season game tickets havn't gone on sale yet, just season tickets.

As far as the panasonic DMR-E75VS goes, I'm all excited now, I can't wait to get NFL Sunday ticket, my dvd recorder.... I"M READY TO GO !!!

Try and get in contact with the Superdome. Or Ticketmaster.....somebody will know

Tickets: DO NOT USE STUBHUB!! Worst ticket agency I've EVER dealt with. If you want the story just ask me. I buy all my tickets exclusively from ticketsmyway.com They are usually more expensive, but they always have good seats, fast shipping, and they don't give you the run-around.Plus they are deal makers, and will negotiate price with you, if you call them.

DVD Recorder: My suggestion would be to get Direct Tv, and buy a series 2 Tivo from Best Buy. Get a wireless usb adapter and link it to your computer network. You can then download Tivotogo, and then transfer the video to your PC. With that you can then download Sonic: MyDvD, and use that software to edit out all the commercials and have a straight DVD of the game. I did that for the UNC vs Duke B-Ball game this past season when Marvin Williams hit the game winning shot, I also did it with the National Championship game. It's AWESOME BABY!!! <--- Gotta love Dicky V

Well, I hope that helps.

Coots82 said:
I want a collection of all the games from here on out, I want to be able to set the burner while I'm at work(have to work some sundays) and then when I get back burn it on the burner on the tv burner and set it in my collection.

I know you don't want to do PC, but you might want to give SageTV a look. Excellent program.

I agree with the Pc way..Go buy a Direct tv tivo about 20 feet of S-Video cable...Just make sure your pc has a decent graphics card to handle it. then you can take out commercials.I dont think the table top modols let you take commercials out??..and you will need to if you want to put one full game in DVD format on one DVD..unless tou want to compress, but you will lose clarity and sharpness big time the lower res you go..Plus in DVD format you can put menus
in with windows to go directly to a TD, INT great takcle whatever you want--try it its fun..:wink:

I've got a dual layer burner for my computer, and I've got a Nvidia 6800 Ultra, 1gig of 533mhz RAM, 3.6mhz p4, that's all you really need to know right now.. if you think I can handle the video, link me to a s-video cable I will need and a program to capture the video from t.v.

Great subject here :)

I have many dolphins games from the mid 80's thru '04 all on VHS and have been searching for a way to put all games on DVD.

I tried a capture device once called the "Dazzler" which I was very unhappy with, must admit I have little knowledge of the computer other then how to log on and click favorite's.

When I hear terms like graphics or TV card I have no understanding of what that means, in terms of DVD recorders aside from the price( a bit expensive ) my understanding is that while they maybe easier to use (kinda like a vcr ) the picture quality gets poor'er the longer you burn, so I am not sure whats the best choice in DVD burners either.

If any kind dolfan that has a bit of understanding on this could maybe give the pro's and the cons of burning DVD's with both a recorder & a capture device(or any other way to burn from the copmuter) I would be most thankful.

What about us Phins fans that live in other countries that don't get the games. I would be more than happy to purchase the games for this season on DVD if someone will be willing to do that. I will pay for shipping and handling as well.

finmann , my e-mail is bcoots@farmerstel.com .... drop me a line or something and I will work something out for no charge, so long as you pay for the shipping. It probably wouldn't be to much, where are you located ?

Back
Top Bottom