Recruiting fallout at Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Recruiting fallout at Miami?

Motion said:
Come on up to Gainesville Mr. Cooper, we could really use you!

I've read that UF has so many recruits and are holding some scholarships for good players that still have UF on their short list. They may even have to take some of the early commits scholarship offers away I read to make room for more blue chippers. It'd be pretty shaddy if they did that but they do have a lot of commits already and a lot of players still out there. I doubt UF will do this but I dont see them recruiting many more people until they've heard from some of kids they've already offered.

I'm sure we'll get somebody good that will turn the program around. If players want to come to the U, welcome aboard. If not, their loss as far as I'm concerned.:rolleyes:

Coker's firing not hurting UM's recruiting

The firing of coach Larry Coker last week sent recruiting shock waves around the nation.
The jolt, however, apparently was not strong enough to make the University of Miami's latest quarterback recruit change his mind -- unlike the previous three.
Mike Fanuzzi, the father of U.S. Army All-American quarterback Nick Fanuzzi, said Monday his son, who goes to Churchill High in San Antonio, is sticking by his word and plans to sign with the Hurricanes despite other potential coaching changes.
''He likes the program of Miami, likes the city, likes the tradition, so forth,'' said Mike Fanuzzi, a former quarterback at Kentucky whose son also has an offer from Kentucky. ``He's gotten a lot of schools who have called, written letters. With Coach Coker being fired, some people have probably had more contact. But Nick is still a Miami commit. We'll wait and see what coach comes in.''

'I really would like going to a winning team. But if I chose Miami I'll probably help turn the program around,' said Miami Northwestern star running back Antwain Easterling (3).
259572278834-1.jpg

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16111838.htm

:wink:

305TillIDie said:
Coker's firing not hurting UM's recruiting

The firing of coach Larry Coker last week sent recruiting shock waves around the nation.
The jolt, however, apparently was not strong enough to make the University of Miami's latest quarterback recruit change his mind -- unlike the previous three.
Mike Fanuzzi, the father of U.S. Army All-American quarterback Nick Fanuzzi, said Monday his son, who goes to Churchill High in San Antonio, is sticking by his word and plans to sign with the Hurricanes despite other potential coaching changes.
''He likes the program of Miami, likes the city, likes the tradition, so forth,'' said Mike Fanuzzi, a former quarterback at Kentucky whose son also has an offer from Kentucky. ``He's gotten a lot of schools who have called, written letters. With Coach Coker being fired, some people have probably had more contact. But Nick is still a Miami commit. We'll wait and see what coach comes in.''

'I really would like going to a winning team. But if I chose Miami I'll probably help turn the program around,' said Miami Northwestern star running back Antwain Easterling (3).
http://www.miami.com/images/miami/miamiherald/16111/259572278834.jpg

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16111838.htm

How good is that QB kid supposed to be?

Alex44 said:
How good is that QB kid supposed to be?
the QB Miami is recruiting is one of the top QB's in the Nation..same with the West running back pictured

Coker's firing wont hurt recruiting..HS kids in miami, Broward sees:

Egderrin James, Portis, McGahee, Shockey, Bubba Franks, Ed Reed, Sean taylor, Santana Moss and others come back and work out at the U..kids see that ALL the time..it wont hurt recruiting...dont listen to the The U doubters

305TillIDie said:

thats a good thing about having so much history in a program. if your bad, recruits will want to come and help turn it around.

if your bad and have no history, you just plain **** outta luck.

It not affecting 1 QB, that doesnt mean it wont hurt you guys. I know of one player who had a visit with UM scheduled and canceled when Coker got fired.

DonShula84 said:
It not affecting 1 QB, that doesnt mean it wont hurt you guys. I know of one player who had a visit with UM scheduled and canceled when Coker got fired.
Van Dyke from Pace...thats the only recruit gone

Miami will get playmaking recruits..im not worried at all..HS players down here all dream about coming to their hometown team

305TillIDie said:
Van Dyke from Pace...thats the only recruit gone

Miami will get playmaking recruits..im not worried at all

They will definitely still get recruits. I know Martez Wilson called off his visit to UM and is instead going to visit Michigan. He's a 5 star recruit and the #2 DE in the country and a lot of people thought UM was high on his list early on in the year. So Van Dyke isnt the only recruit. No one can say how big of a negative or positive effect it will have at this point though

DonShula84 said:
They will definitely still get recruits. I know Martez Wilson called off his visit to UM and is instead going to visit Michigan. He's a 5 star recruit and the #2 DE in the country and a lot of people thought UM was high on his list early on in the year. So Van Dyke isnt the only recruit. No one can say how big of a negative or positive effect it will have at this point though

We have a lot of returning players though, so with a good gameplanning coach and a semi-decent recruiting class we will be fine for this year, thats why Im not worried

ChambersWI said:
Define top because he's beind Claussen,Mallett,Korn,Brantley,Thompson, and Bostick for sure.

He isnt one of the top 25 dual threat QBs, count in the Pro Style and he isnt on the radar. According to Rivals anyway, Scouts has him ranked 23rd amongst QBs

Alex44 said:
We have a lot of returning players though, so with a good gameplanning coach and a semi-decent recruiting class we will be fine for this year, thats why Im not worried
yeah, Shields and James..Greg Olsen & Jon Beason said they might enter the draft..I hope those two guys stay and help the younger kids next year..it looks like we have a bunch of young guys coming back

305TillIDie said:
yeah, Shields and James..Greg Olsen & Jon Beason said they might enter the draft..I hope those two guys stay and help the younger kids next year..it seems like we have a bunch of young guys coming back

Olsen should stay, he really didnt have a good year and probably wont be a first or second rounder (unless he has a great combine) if he comes into the draft this year. If he stays next year and plays well he will be a first rounder though

Back
Top Bottom