Red zone offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Red zone offense

isaacjunk

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
We are pretty mediocre at scoring TDs in the redzone, #18th in the league for the year but much lower over the past 3 weeks. What adjustments should we make, this year, right now? (Assume no new personnel ads)

Observations:
- fades are not generally a high percentage play, should not be our #1 option
- we lack a power short-yardage run game, so safe to say we'll have to rely more on the pass or outside run
- Use threat of perimeter speed to open space horizontally (jet sweeps and related decoys with jakeem, think tyreek hill)
- spread offense - if our line can hold up, make use of Tua's quick processing to go through multiple progressions with a quick drop
- wildcat with Bowden / Perry

Not sure about using read option outside run with Tua, but with Bowden/Perry certainly

We are pretty mediocre at scoring TDs in the redzone, #18th in the league for the year but much lower over the past 3 weeks. What adjustments should be make, this year, right now? (Assume no new personnel ads)

Observations:
- we lack a power short-yardage run game, so safe to say we'll have to rely more on the pass or outside run
- Use threat of perimeter speed to open space horizontally (jet sweeps and related decoys with jakeem, think tyreek hill)
- spread offense - if our line can hold up, make use of Tua's quick processing to go through multiple progressions with a quick drop

Not sure about using read option outside runs, don't wanna see Tua get killed
We've tried everything... except asking Tua to run.

I understand why we don't, but the fact that our opponents know that he isn't going to... is hurting us.

We've tried everything... except asking Tua to run.

I understand why we don't, but the fact that our opponents know that he isn't going to... is hurting us.

I think you are correct.

That being the case, it might be that Fitz would be more successful!

We are pretty mediocre at scoring TDs in the redzone, #18th in the league for the year but much lower over the past 3 weeks. What adjustments should we make, this year, right now? (Assume no new personnel ads)

Observations:

Not sure about using read option outside run with Tua, but with Bowden/Perry certainly

Too many fades. Crossing the back of the EZ can also be a jump ball

They are also making conservative throws because they don’t want a turnover. When you know your opponent won’t score more than 14 points, that’s smart ball. I would also say in a couple of those instances the receiver could have made a better play on the ball. I’d like to see them give the fade look, then have the receiver dart back towards the cone. That would be tough to defend.

Back
Top Bottom