Redskin fan here | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Redskin fan here

Chrisbob said:
At this point I would say it's unlikely, especially if the Skins deal both 1st rounders to move up somewhere for Edwards, but never say never.......

If you have been a fan since Joe left the team, I'm sure you'll agree it would be just like the team to trade for a big WR, exhausting all of their draft picks and to also trade away the only QB able to get that WR the ball.

Some of my very best friends are Redskins fans. I feel for you guys...well not too much since you all did beat us in that Super Bowl and all. ;)

Actually I have no problem trading the 2nd for the redskins two first round picks...and I don't think Saban would either...you get more with less...if the idea is to trade down and acquire additional picks...you have to have picks to start with....even if the Dolphins just trade out of the 9th pick...and acquire 2-3 more picks in lower rounds...it becomes well worth it. If the 9th pick gets the Dolphins two second round picks and a third round pick...that surely is worth taking a 3rd round pick less from the redskins to start with...without that 9th pick...you don't have anything and you still have the other 1st round pick at 25.

i think a trade with the skins is plausible but not for our 2 - it would probably happen if we make the trade with cleveland first and that is if the the player the skins want isn't off the board

Chrisbob said:
Hi all,

Just wondering what your thoughts are with regards to the possible trade that may happen between our two teams.

I have to say, if it is true that the Skins want to move up and it does happen, a lot of Skins fans aren't going to be happy. I don't think it's so much getting Edwards, more what they will have to pay and the lack of draft picks the team is left with over the next two seasons (no 2nd, 3rd and 5th this year, no 1st and 4th next year).

Also, what of thoughts about any players involved in a move up. Rod Gardener has been getting shopped for a while but I doubt his value is any more than a 3rd, more likely a 4th.

What off Santana Moss or Taylor Jacobs, would they be players the Phins would be interested in, or reverse tailback Ladell Betts?

With all the moves/rumours etc it is very hard to gauge what the Skins are trying to do and if they are trying to do anything in regards of a trade with the Phins, what the price will be.

What do you guys expect to get in a trade dow with the Skins if it happens?

Also, what of Ronnie Brown? I thought you guys were a lock to grab him (now that Smith seems certain to go to the Niners). I personally think Brown would be a great pick up for you guys.

How about both of your 1st and Randy Thomas and you've got yourself a deal!

I would take both #1's and Santana Moss.... I'm a little biased, cuz I was a huge fan of Santana's at the U. I was just saying that a few days ago in a thread, that in that draft I was hoping we would draft Santana Moss or Duece Macalister....But honestly he would be great in our veritcal passing offense with Chambers and Booker.

knight6jb said:
I would take both #1's and Santana Moss.... I'm a little biased, cuz I was a huge fan of Santana's at the U. I was just saying that a few days ago in a thread, that in that draft I was hoping we would draft Santana Moss or Duece Macalister....But honestly he would be great in our veritcal passing offense with Chambers and Booker.

Hasn't he publicly professed his hatred for the phins? I know that that doesn't mean anything but I'm not sure I'd want him or they'd give him up for that matter.

Jimmy James said:
How about two firsts and they forfeit that Super Bowl they beat us in? ;)

Only if this trade also erases the memories and the pain of that game. I remember, I was in the 1st grade and I was crying!! Damn that Riggins and the Fun Bunch!!

phinfan2003 said:
Hasn't he publicly professed his hatred for the phins? I know that that doesn't mean anything but I'm not sure I'd want him or they'd give him up for that matter.

I dont know, but if he did it was probably just b/c he was playing for the Jets, Im sure he wouldnt mind coming home to Miami.

Moss could be INVALUABLE to our team. He'd add speed in the slot like no other. I feel he'd be the best complement to our two starters. The Redskins should keep Gardner and Edwards, plus Taylor Jacobs and do you still have McCants? We'd love to have him a Dolphin. His worth should be considered around a 1-2 IMO since he's just 25 turning 26 and could really make our offense dangerous. It's quite possible we'd be able to still nab a RB at 9. If not there is always the 2nd round.

As for the rest of the package? Your 9th and Moss adds up to around a value of 2000. You guys still have to make up about 500-600 in points for Saban to make the deal. I suggest you guys give us the 25th overall pick as well. That would set the trade over to our favor by 200. We'll give up our early 3rd rounder to help you guys out.

That deal IMO is fair.

Finfans the possibilites are incredible at 25. Most likely we could still have a chance to give that pick to the Raiders and allow them to gain another 1st, while we could trade down.

For Washington it ends up Braylon Edwards+ Let's just say Corey Webster

For Miami I'd say it ends up Cadillac Williams/ Benson maybe Roth in the 2nd, plus Antaj Hawthorne plus Santana Moss...

Sounds good to me...

Jimmy James said:
If you have been a fan since Joe left the team, I'm sure you'll agree it would be just like the team to trade for a big WR, exhausting all of their draft picks and to also trade away the only QB able to get that WR the ball.

Some of my very best friends are Redskins fans. I feel for you guys...well not too much since you all did beat us in that Super Bowl and all. ;)

Yeah, we haven't had the best of times, what I hate more is the lack of good players we have had coming through in lower rounds. Everyone gets first round busts from time to time, though Shuler, Howard and Westbrook hurt, the fact we have never added some effective cheap labour that the lower rounds usually provide is something that irks me.

Chrisbob said:
So do I!!

I would rather the Skins stayed put and if possible, trade down from #9 a few spots and grab an extra 2nd rounder, allowing the Skins to add 3 players in the top 2 rounds instead of 1.

But, it seems they are determined to get Edwards.

I honestly feel Santana Moss is a part of this (possible) trade, just a hunch though.......

Yeah. To me the skins would be better to stay where they are or trade down themselves and accumulate picks to get some youth. This is a deep draft overall, so the skins could get some good young talent. That is what Saban wants as well. 2 firsts arent enough, Saban already proved he wont accept less than market value.

Back
Top Bottom