Redskins may be at it again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Redskins may be at it again

Nicky Napoleon

We'll Miss You Nubs
Reaction score
The Washington Post reports that the Skins have had discusions with Oakland about trading up to the 2nd pick to get Gallery. The offer is the 5th overall and Chris Samuels. What do you guys think?

I fail to see the reason for tradeing away a LT with skills to obtain a LT who is unproven? Dolfanreal69

Yeah, that makes sense, Gallery will get twice as much money as Samuels...Snyder can't wait to sign that check.....(LOL)

Why is this a good move? It is a good move because in the overall it would save money for the red skins, they would eb losing a pick but they would also upgrade their oline a bit.....i don't hear much complainign about us upgrading ours.

Samuels is gonna be a major hit to salary cap to the skins, and hes unwilling to renegotiate his contract for next year, so they'll be able to dump that contract, and structure Gallery's so they can accomodate the people they obtained in this busy off season of theirs

Sounds more like robbing Peter to pay Paul to me, but hey one day all this cap minipulating is gonna bite the skins. It certianly has not produced a winning team on the field. Dolfanreal69

I read this elsewhere, and it doesn't make much sense to me. So it will probably happen! This could be bad because the faster Gallery goes, Andrews probably goes that much faster. I don't think we have a shot at him anyway but it would be nice to think we did.

Andrews and Gallery are like two differant subjects.Andrews does not have the talent to play the left side. That reduces his value and his overall attractiveness to prospective teams. Dolfanreal69

The Raiders are really tight agaisnt the salary cap so I don't see how the Raiders could afford to take Samuels contract..

Sounds like something the skins would do but I wouldn't if I was them.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom