Reflections of 1984 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reflections of 1984

SuperMarksBros.

Formerly Fiedler for MVP
Reaction score
geez, what an unbelievably explosive football team. admittedly, i was only 9 years old at the time, but i remember the electricity surrounding this offensive juggernaut.

sure, nobody will forget marino's 5000+ yards passing, 48 TD dominant season...record breaking figures that will likely NEVER be duplicated(much less surpassed). but how many of us realize that mark clayton's 1300 yards, 18 TD receptions make terrell owens look like...wayne chrebet. or that "super" duper's 1300+ yards, 8 TDs were good enough for only 2nd best on the team.

ok, danny didnt have a 1000 yard rusher that season. instead, he had the 3 headed monster of tony nathan, woody bennett, and joe carter that combined for 1600+ yards(admittedly, still dwarfed by ricky's dream season ;)).

who can forget the blackwoods, baumhauer, betters, foster, reggie roby, and dwight stephenson(best center in nfl history).

folks, the 2003 dolphins may or may not make history. but we will likely not see margins of victory like:

35-17 opening week walk over 2 time defending nfc champion washington
31-7 regular season win over pitt, followed by:
45-28 afc championship win over the same steelers...Steel Curtain my @$$ :lol:

i think about how our LBs couldn't cover roger craig, and it makes me sad...but while st louis is currently the greatest show on turf, the 1984 miami dolphins were arguably the most exciting show in nfl history.

most exciting team i ever saw didn't win it either...the 98 Vikings....they were sickening...that's an offensive juggernaut that put up 556 points...best ever still...rams never beat it

^^i believe the 556 points put up by minnesota bested the point totals of the 1983 washington redskins...who also came up just short. how about the irony regarding minnesota, about a placekicker who missed for the 1st time that season when it mattered most...a potential game winner to send them to the SB

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom