Regardless of what all the experts are saying..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Regardless of what all the experts are saying.....

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I believe that the 49ers will select Aaron Rodgers. I think they are publicly stating that they are going to select Smith to see if anyone wants to trade with them because if they trade with a team like the Bucs (who has shown interest in Smith), they'll still have the chance to pick up Rodgers @ #5 while picking up more draft picks in the process. I'm not saying that I want the phins to draft Smith but I just feel Nolan is trying to get some leverage being that the Niners have the #1 pick. Up until this week, all the talk about trading up to the top 5 in the draft has been surrounding the phins. If we stay at #2 (which I really hope we don't), I want Edwards personally.

I actually think so too...cause Nolan already said whoever he drafts will play this year and Rodgers is the most nfl ready qb out there

I totaly agree with you phinfan2003. I believe it has always been Rodgers not Smith. However I question if Rodgers will fall as far as #5 if he is not taken #1.

I want Edwards as well in a big way.(should have reworded this)

finmann said:
I totaly agree with you phinfan2003. I believe it has always been Rodgers not Smith. However I question if Rodgers will fall as far as #5 if he is not taken #1.

I want Edwards as well in a big way.(should have reworded this)

I think the top 4 will look like this (in no particular order)

Smith
Edwards
Rolle
M Williams/Brown

If I were the Niners and I got a good deal for the #1 spot simply to move down to the #5, I would take the chance that I could still pick the man I wanted at #5.

phinfan2003 said:
I believe that the 49ers will select Aaron Rodgers. I think they are publicly stating that they are going to select Smith to see if anyone wants to trade with them because if they trade with a team like the Bucs (who has shown interest in Smith), they'll still have the chance to pick up Rodgers @ #5 while picking up more draft picks in the process. I'm not saying that I want the phins to draft Smith but I just feel Nolan is trying to get some leverage being that the Niners have the #1 pick. Up until this week, all the talk about trading up to the top 5 in the draft has been surrounding the phins. If we stay at #2 (which I really hope we don't), I want Edwards personally.

couldnt have said it better myself... right on the money

Jnaledu3 said:
They might surprise everyone and select Edwards. Then try to trade him afterwards.
I think you only take him if at the end of the day, you would be happy keeping him. Is SF satisfied, with all the holes they have to fill, starting the season with Braylon Edwards at WR and ??? at QB? That makes for another long year for them. I think their best chance to trade down is with the Bucs to #5. If they do that, IMO there's an excellent chance that Rodgers is there for them. Either way, a QB seems certain at #1.

cowtowndick said:
I think you only take him if at the end of the day, you would be happy keeping him. Is SF satisfied, with all the holes they have to fill, starting the season with Braylon Edwards at WR and ??? at QB? That makes for another long year for them. I think their best chance to trade down is with the Bucs to #5. If they do that, IMO there's an excellent chance that Rodgers is there for them. Either way, a QB seems certain at #1.

With the scrubs they have at WR, no... it really wouldn't surprise me if they would be happy keeping someone like Edwards should they not be able to trade him.

phinphanphrommi said:
With the scrubs they have at WR, no... it really wouldn't surprise me if they would be happy keeping someone like Edwards should they not be able to trade him.
Actually, that's true. Wow it would suck to be a Niner fan.

phinfan2003 said:
I think the top 4 will look like this (in no particular order)

Smith
Edwards
Rolle
M Williams/Brown

If I were the Niners and I got a good deal for the #1 spot simply to move down to the #5, I would take the chance that I could still pick the man I wanted at #5.

Let's go a step further. It surprises me that the 9ers are not actively trying to trade out of the number one spot. They have more holes on that team to fill than we do(ouch) and their attitude seems to be if someone comes along and gives us a decent trade then we might do it. they don't seem....BUSY to me like the Phins.

Another thing: They don't want to pay Smith Manning money(at least that is the indication i get) Do you feel this is true, or do they have concerns about this guy being a #1 draft pick and not a bust.

finmann said:
Let's go a step further. It surprises me that the 9ers are not actively trying to trade out of the number one spot. They have more holes on that team to fill than we do(ouch) and their attitude seems to be if someone comes along and gives us a decent trade then we might do it. they don't seem....BUSY to me like the Phins.

Another thing: They don't want to pay Smith Manning money(at least that is the indication i get) Do you feel this is true, or do they have concerns about this guy being a #1 draft pick and not a bust.

I believe it is true and the fact that Rodgers grew up a Niners fan and many have said that he would give the Niners a "hometown discount" is even more reason to believe that they will sign him.

Back
Top Bottom