Remember all of the posters who said Connor Williams would eventually cost us a game? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember all of the posters who said Connor Williams would eventually cost us a game?

Someone asked about that statistic, I provided it. I provided it with no Indication of a link with any other statistic.

I may as well try and talk to democrats about Russia or republicans about electric cars. How do fans take this confirmation bias crap?

Yes, Tua is the best, every fumble or interception is on someone else, hold on, did someone say Justin Herbert??
What compels you to point out that stat when Tua shines in so many other much more meaningful stats? Do you know how many fumbles Brady or Manning or Elway or Marino had?

Just seems agenda driven.

I agree with you 99% of the time. This one was on Tua though IMO. It was slightly to the right, but perfect height. He's gotta catch that cleanly.

That being said, actually very proud of these Dolphins. They didn't quit when down 21-0 and made it for an exciting game. Yes, still winless against winning teams this season, but at least only lost by 1 score. The defense is becoming what we all hoped it would be.

They need to get healthy on the OL, but excited to see what happens in the next couple of months and hoping for a SB run in January/February.
Stop being so damn levelheaded. We don't do that at Finheaven.

Someone asked about that statistic, I provided it. I provided it with no Indication of a link with any other statistic.

I may as well try and talk to democrats about Russia or republicans about electric cars. How do fans take this confirmation bias crap?

Yes, Tua is the best, every fumble or interception is on someone else, hold on, did someone say Justin Herbert??
Yeah, the fumble question came up because Feverdream said Tua has a hole in his game with botched snaps. My point was that if this is true, we should see Tua having an outsized number of fumbles. I quickly checked some other QBs and his ratio wasn’t drastically higher. Obviously, not all of Tua’s fumbles are related to him botching snaps - the supposed hole in his game.

What compels you to point out that stat when Tua shines in so many other much more meaningful stats? Do you know how many fumbles Brady or Manning or Elway or Marino had?

Just seems agenda driven.
I don’t even know what to say. Did you read the posts previous to mine? What exactly were they debating? I’m pretty sure it was fumbles wasn’t it? Crazy thing is I then wondered if he fumbled a lot and googled it. I then took that knowledge and posted it here.

see, agenda driven would take a look in the mirror. I hate agenda driven bull. If I was agenda driven I would be talking about how much I love Tyreek. Tyreek however had a bad week and I didn’t like him talking before the game so I’m not going to sing his praises today.

Lot of open minded conversations here, did some mention Justin Herbert? They better not, he sucks, he’s a loser lol.

A year or two ago there were many on here who felt Tua was being unfairly scrutinized and I completely disagreed with them.

I was wrong.

KC weak side defender stayed disciplined and jumped so many misdirections or had a free runner at Tua after a ball fake to blow up the play. That was no accident.

The gadget stuff coming out of the motion offense sets didn’t fool KC.

I think I may be blind?

Does it hit his hand first, causing it to ricochet?

When it happened live, I thought it was a bad snap, bouncing around. From this angle of it, it sort of makes it look like that. I have no problem being corrected here. Just saying what it looks lke
😂

I'm thinking I'm going blind too 😂

I'm seeing it in the video like it's slightly to Tua's right and then it hits his hands like a bat out of hell and then it goes bouncing all over...another poster said it left Williams hands wrong? ...I'll have to see it again later to see if I can notice somethings off at some point...aren't bye weeks fun! 😂

Tua got his right hand on the ball. Some people keep claiming that he “got both hands on it”, which isn’t true. He was only able to get his right hand to it, and it fired back at him so hard that it took a crazy deflection off of his right hand. Here’s a pic showing the contact on his right hand…with the left still not at the ball…

View attachment 154110
Thanks for the picture 👍

Reasons why Miami lost:

10:01 1st quarter. 3rd down, Lester Cotton can't handle the stunt and we also don't account for the DB blitz. Tua has no chance and gets sacked.

3:20 1st quarter. A very preventable illegal shift turned a 17 yard gain and the ball at the KC 25 into a 3rd and 15 at the KC 47.

2:49 1st quarter. On the same drive, Armstead missed a block on a 3rd and 15 where if he makes the block it turns a two yard gain and a punt into a 47 yard TD.

13:33 2nd quarter. Tua slightly overthrew a ball early in the second quarter where if the ball was better, it would've been a 30 yard gain and the ball at the KC 30 yard line. Instead, we get a 3rd and 10 that we don't convert and punt.

11:47 2nd quarter. Tua overthrows Waddle but it also looks like Waddle just had problems locating the ball. We were at our own 35 yard line and instead of a 35+ yard gain, we eventually punt on this drive.

11:43 2nd quarter. For some reason TWO Chiefs defenders get a free run at Tua. It lead to a grounding call and 3rd and 20, which is what lead to the drive to end.

0:46 2nd quarter. Fumble 6 play. Either Smythe or Wilson messed up the block, or the Chiefs DB just made an incredible read on the screen and there wasn't anything our blockers could do. I feel like it was Ingold's man since Ingold was chasing after him, but also feel like the DB just made a great read and there wasn't anything Smythe could do. Early in the first quarter it seemed like something we did on offense telegraphed a screen, because as Ingold was running in motion for our eventual screen pass, before the play even began a safety 15+ yards down the field started to make a beeline towards where the screen was eventually going to go. The Chiefs were on top of all of our screens.

14:23 3rd quarter. Hold turns a 1st and 10 at our own 39 yard line into a 2nd and 17 at our own 17 yard line. Eventually leads to a punt as we can't convert the eventual 3rd and 17.

0:58 3rd quarter. Had to burn one of our timeouts due to not getting the play in on time on a 3rd and 20. Honestly would've rather take the delay of game than use a crucial timeout when considering the fact we're down.

5:10 4th quarter. Corner blitz not picked up. Also one Chiefs D-Linemen was able to split the double team block of Austin Jackson and Lester Cotton, which lead to a sack and a 3rd and 26. Kills the drive.

1:09 4th quarter. 2nd and 10. One play before the big miscommunication between Tua and Wilson. Waddle falls on a throw intended for him. Not sure if he would've been able to make the completion if he didn't fall, but he's been falling a lot this game.

1:05 4th quarter. The big miscommunication that prevented a touchdown from happening on a Cedrick double move.

1:03 4th quarter. We burn one of our valuable timeouts on 4th and 10. We only have one left now which means if we don't convert on this 4th and 10, the game is over. If we kept our two, we'd have a tiny chance to come back if we held the Chiefs to a three and out. If we had all 3, we at least have a decent shot to come back if we fail the 4th and 10.

1:02 4th quarter. Errant snap and Tua unable to catch the ball ends our hopes. Waddle was wide open down the middle if we had a good snap.

A bad snap was simply the last stab in the foot.

Info provided by random redditor.

Reasons why Miami lost:

10:01 1st quarter. 3rd down, Lester Cotton can't handle the stunt and we also don't account for the DB blitz. Tua has no chance and gets sacked.

3:20 1st quarter. A very preventable illegal shift turned a 17 yard gain and the ball at the KC 25 into a 3rd and 15 at the KC 47.

2:49 1st quarter. On the same drive, Armstead missed a block on a 3rd and 15 where if he makes the block it turns a two yard gain and a punt into a 47 yard TD.

13:33 2nd quarter. Tua slightly overthrew a ball early in the second quarter where if the ball was better, it would've been a 30 yard gain and the ball at the KC 30 yard line. Instead, we get a 3rd and 10 that we don't convert and punt.

11:47 2nd quarter. Tua overthrows Waddle but it also looks like Waddle just had problems locating the ball. We were at our own 35 yard line and instead of a 35+ yard gain, we eventually punt on this drive.

11:43 2nd quarter. For some reason TWO Chiefs defenders get a free run at Tua. It lead to a grounding call and 3rd and 20, which is what lead to the drive to end.

0:46 2nd quarter. Fumble 6 play. Either Smythe or Wilson messed up the block, or the Chiefs DB just made an incredible read on the screen and there wasn't anything our blockers could do. I feel like it was Ingold's man since Ingold was chasing after him, but also feel like the DB just made a great read and there wasn't anything Smythe could do. Early in the first quarter it seemed like something we did on offense telegraphed a screen, because as Ingold was running in motion for our eventual screen pass, before the play even began a safety 15+ yards down the field started to make a beeline towards where the screen was eventually going to go. The Chiefs were on top of all of our screens.

14:23 3rd quarter. Hold turns a 1st and 10 at our own 39 yard line into a 2nd and 17 at our own 17 yard line. Eventually leads to a punt as we can't convert the eventual 3rd and 17.

0:58 3rd quarter. Had to burn one of our timeouts due to not getting the play in on time on a 3rd and 20. Honestly would've rather take the delay of game than use a crucial timeout when considering the fact we're down.

5:10 4th quarter. Corner blitz not picked up. Also one Chiefs D-Linemen was able to split the double team block of Austin Jackson and Lester Cotton, which lead to a sack and a 3rd and 26. Kills the drive.

1:09 4th quarter. 2nd and 10. One play before the big miscommunication between Tua and Wilson. Waddle falls on a throw intended for him. Not sure if he would've been able to make the completion if he didn't fall, but he's been falling a lot this game.

1:05 4th quarter. The big miscommunication that prevented a touchdown from happening on a Cedrick double move.

1:03 4th quarter. We burn one of our valuable timeouts on 4th and 10. We only have one left now which means if we don't convert on this 4th and 10, the game is over. If we kept our two, we'd have a tiny chance to come back if we held the Chiefs to a three and out. If we had all 3, we at least have a decent shot to come back if we fail the 4th and 10.

1:02 4th quarter. Errant snap and Tua unable to catch the ball ends our hopes. Waddle was wide open down the middle if we had a good snap.

A bad snap was simply the last stab in the foot.

Info provided by random redditor.
Ughhh....

Star Trek Kirk GIF

Tua has to worry about 10k things.

Center has one phucking thing to worry about. Make a good snap.

Is that too much to ask for?

Phuck the center who doesn’t know how to snap the ball. For a million dollars, make sure you snap the ball correctly.

Exactly how I see it. Also, the snap doesn't need to be rifled back like it's a damned punt. Add some freaking touch!

That said, I do think Tua's attention was a tad distracted and the ball speed caught him by surprise. We'd all have loved to see him catch it, and he'll say that he should have, but let's also not pretend it was a routine or perfect snap from center. Because it wasn't. And when it's rifled as fast as it was, being just a tad off can make the play much more difficult -- case in point, he dropped it.

While I was furious in the moment, because it was the end of the game, I'm far more upset over the defensive TD surrendered just before half. That's the play that ultimately decided the game. And as some others have pointed out, based upon the NFL's criteria, it shouldn't have been ruled a catch as no real football move was made. A flat-footed Tyreek Hill was hit by the defender at the 34 1/2 yard line then driven back 2 yards when the ball came out.

Either that's not a legal reception or it's a legal reception with forward progress stopped. Driving a player backward (or holding them up) to wrestle the ball away isn't legal.

60% - William's fault
40% Tau's fault

Now that we put that to rest, can we please move on?

Back
Top Bottom