Remember Brunell? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember Brunell?

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
From PFT... (yeah, I know):

Word out of D.C. is that Patrick "Potato Sack" Ramsey will end up winning the starting job over newcomer Mark Brunell, despite the widely held belief that Brunell was in line to nudge Ramsey to the bench.

An industry source says that the former Jaguars starter looks "terrible" in training camp, and that he's picked up the nickname "Out of Bounds" Brunell due to his errant throws.

Our guess is that Brunell will get an ample opportunity to win the job, since the team game him an $8.6 million bonus as part of a seven-year, $34 million deal. Dropping Brunell on the bench would be tantamount to admitting that they made a big mistake

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I haven't heard any derogatory nicknames for Feeley yet... :)

living in VA i am forced to suffer through large amounts of redskin garbage, and i have yet to hear that brunell is sucking. last i heard ramsey and brunell were both looking really good in camp. i was thinking of going up to their camp on SAT and trying to talk ramsey into coming over to the phins next year,but i'm pretty sure my neighbors would kill my dog or something lol

xiidaen said:
I haven't heard any derogatory nicknames for Feeley yet... :)

I was watching the I,Max show and Max and some other reporter(?) were calling Feeley "McFeeley" because of a screw-up by the reporter. They were laughing about it, but it wasn't funny... weird.

NLude33 said:
Three words people. Pro-Football-Talk. Site is not reputible.

true the site is an absolute joke, but from camp reports of the skins I've read he has been very erratic

Living in the DC area i saw fans from Camp on the NEws saying that Brunell should be there starter. Dont know if that was thier view after camp or just thier orignal view though. No one has said anything about Brunell playing bad though

DrewOldSchool said:
Thats why we wanted Ramsey.:cooldude:
AMEN. That would have been an AWESOME acquisition!!

Brad528 said:
Living in the DC area i saw fans from Camp on the NEws saying that Brunell should be there starter. Dont know if that was thier view after camp or just thier orignal view though. No one has said anything about Brunell playing bad though

The only ways I see Brunell winning the starting job is A)Though Pre season B)Ramsey getting hurt C) Being handed the job because of his paycheck.

I don't understand why they wanted Brunell anyway. IMO for the 1st half of the season Ramsey was the 3rd best QB in the NFC(behind Culpepper and Hasselback), and was on the way to a Pro Bowl before his injury. It's not his fault his coach tried using a college system in the pros that resulted in him getting injured, and then JT ending his season.

ChambersWI said:
The only ways I see Brunell winning the starting job is A)Though Pre season B)Ramsey getting hurt C) Being handed the job because of his paycheck.

I don't understand why they wanted Brunell anyway. IMO for the 1st half of the season Ramsey was the 3rd best QB in the NFC(behind Culpepper and Hasselback), and was on the way to a Pro Bowl before his injury. It's not his fault his coach tried using a college system in the pros that resulted in him getting injured, and then JT ending his season.
If he doesnt win it fair, option "C" will come in to play.

Back
Top Bottom