Remember Chad Hutchinson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember Chad Hutchinson

I've got nothing against Wannstedt the coach.

Wannstedt the GM is horrible. He's the reason we are stuck with Jay Fiedler right now.

He should just give Rick the title of GM and keep his hands off the personnel decisions, and he should have let Rick draft Drew Brees last year like Rick wanted to. Instead, we are stuck with a first round CB that still has yet to win even a dime back position.

I agree KB i was so mad we didnt get brees last year. i was so excited that he was still avaible. but wanny is a moron. he like loves Filder!!!! it pisses me off he i not a good Qb i hate Fielder how can any dolphin fans think he is good!! i can beat any 1 he has another terrible year!

He had a terrible year last year? He finished in the top half in QB ratings. If his year was terrible, then we have a bunch of high schoolers playing below him.

Every year it seems though that you guys say this year we got a SB caliber team, and usually you do. The problem you got is Fiedler, he does seem to implode at playoff time. Why not release McCown, take a flier on Hutchinson if he pans out you look great if not oh well at least you tried.

Originally posted by Winfield_26
Every year it seems though that you guys say this year we got a SB caliber team, and usually you do. The problem you got is Fiedler, he does seem to implode at playoff time. Why not release McCown, take a flier on Hutchinson if he pans out you look great if not oh well at least you tried.

UMMMM it was our defense that imploded this last year in the playoffs. Jay played well enough, we just couldn't stop the run worth a crap...hell we couldn't stop anything.

Because Dave is afraid. Dave is afraid that making a change could be the start of playing musical quarterbacks. He has always regretted not sticking with Erik Kramer or Steve Walsh in Chicago.

Now, Dolphin fans like me have to suffer mediocre QB play because Dave is afraid that the next talented QB on the street could be a Rick Mirer.

Originally posted by KB21
Because Dave is afraid. Dave is afraid that making a change could be the start of playing musical quarterbacks. He has always regretted not sticking with Erik Kramer or Steve Walsh in Chicago.

Now, Dolphin fans like me have to suffer mediocre QB play because Dave is afraid that the next talented QB on the street could be a Rick Mirer.

Yeah because it really worked out great for all the teams that went out and paid top dollar for a new starting qb the past few years. Jay was not the reason for Dolphin's troubles last year. No qb in the league would have been able to stop Hearst from running all over us, or the greatest show on turf from running up the score, nor could he have made Weaver, Smith, or Perry not fumble in the Pats game, nor could any qb stop our d from turning in to a wet blanket in the meadowlands. Sure 1 or 2 qbs in the league could have carried the team a little better when our running game and run defense fell apart last year, but the last i checked Farve, Werner, and Peyton Manning haven't been free agents ever. Much like the Ravens of 2 years ago and the Pats last year Dave runs a team that doesn't require a QB to throw for 3000 yards and 30 tds to win. If the d plays to their caplebillitys and the running game works then this team can go to the SB. I am all for a change at QB, but i am yet to see someone that i would like Dave to sell the farm for, so for now i am happy with Jay, but hopefully next season Ragone, Clausen, Dorsey, or(drooling) Manning Jr will be available untill then i am 150% behind Jay.

Wanne is a good coach, but he is horrible at picking people for an organization. He has done a good job here so far in Turner and Williams, but he ruined the Bears. Lets hope he doesn't do the same in Miami.

Enough with the Bears. We Dolphans have heard enough Bear comparisons in these two years. It's obvious that this organization isn't going in the same direction as that Bear franchise did. Wanny is a better coach than he was back then. And our personel and front office people are light years ahead of what they had in Chicago.

Wannstedt the GM is horrible. He's the reason we are stuck with Jay Fiedler right now.

Excuse me but if it weren't for Wannstedt we would be stuck with JJ's boy Huard or would have put up with a declining Marino for another year.

Quite frankly I'm amazed he had the balls to push Marino out the door and ditch JJ's pet project in Huard.

Where have we had a realistic oppurtunity to take a real shot at upgrading Jay Fielder and not be a high risk?

We haven't. Last time everyone was screaming about upgrading Fielder and ripping Wanny for not pulling the trigger on the Hasselbach trade. Look how that ended up.

Drees Brees? Wasn't ready his first year and may not be ready this year. 50/50 he sinks or swims. The Chargers have the time to do this though because there is no pressure on them to go anywhere. Hutchinson? Please. Guy hasn't played football in years. Sure the Cowboys are talking about how "good he looks" right now. What do you expect them to say? "Wow that guy we just spent $6 million on sure is playing like ****". Playing better then Quincy Carter isn't exactly hard.

Now if the 2003 QB class is as good as people hope it is then that is the time to pick up a QB whether Jay has a probowl year or plays worse then Grbac. Even if Jay has a great year the way our cap is we won't be paying that escalated salary after year 2. So we have to have a new QB ready (not to mention 2 prospects to take over for 2 of our high payed guys...only way without pulling a Tim Bowens to keep them around. However that's another story/thread) to take over then, because that is when there is a pretty good chance to draft some good prospects and be able to develop them. Why then and not last year? Because we are still on that Super Bowl run. If we don't have a really good year this year and make it to the Superbowl or AFC championship game with all the pieces that we have then we need to make a couple risky moves with some of our "standard" guys because they aren't getting the job done. That goes for offense and defense.

We could have had either Trent Dilfer or Jeff Blake this offseason for far less money than we have overpaid for Fiedler. Both Blake and Dilfer have much stronger arms than Fiedler and a lot more natural talent than Jay has, which means both have a chance to be a lot better than jay will ever be in the long run.

We could have had either Trent Dilfer or Jeff Blake this offseason for far less money than we have overpaid for Fiedler. Both Blake and Dilfer have much stronger arms than Fiedler and a lot more natural talent than Jay has, which means both have a chance to be a lot better than jay will ever be in the long run.

Wow great examples. Now please excuse me while I go have a drink to calm my laughter. Man that is just way too easy.

WHAT? Trent Dilfer has a lot more natural talent? KB, show me stats to back that B.S. up.

Better yet, I am going to show you something.

Trent Dilfer, on his Super Bowl run in 2000, threw 11picks in 9 regular season games. During that same span, he tossed 12 TD's.

His playoff completion percentage? 48.4 % His regular season completion percentage was 58.1.

This was the year they WON the Super Bowl. Tell me, how is he better than Jay Fiedler again? I mean the guy had an outstanding RB in Jamal Lewis that year, and he still tossed 11 picks in the nine games he played.

Why change, oh I know, because he has a stronger arm...so tell me, how far does a QB have to throw to get your approval?

Dude, your getting ridiculas.

I won't even start on Jeff Blake.

Hey, if you want to be complacent and stay mediocre, that's fine. Just admit that you do not want to win a championship and that your only desire is to continue making the playoffs with no chance to win the big show. Because that is what you are doing when you discount every QB that obviously has more talent than Jay Fiedler has. So, instead, you overpay to keep Jay Fiedler. Just wait till some of the real players on this team want a new contract.

For comparison, if the salary scale is based on talent, then we might as well get ready to pay Ricky Williams $15 million a year. Because if Jay is worth an average of $5 million a year, then Ricky Williams is certainly worth an average of $15 million a year.

It's a good thing Jay will never see all that money, but $6 million in the first two years is still for too much for what amounts to a system made QB.

Back
Top Bottom