Remember this. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember this.

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
The year was 2000. No one expected anything out of the Miami Dolphins, who had just lost their head coach Jimmy Johnson and their star quarterback Dan Marino to retirement.

The leading rusher for the team was Lamar Smith, who ran for 1,000 yards but averaged a little over 3.8 yards per rush. The two leading receivers on the team were Oronde Gadsden and Leslie Shepherd with 56 and 36 receptions respectively. Neither came close to 1,000 yards receiving. They had the 30th rated passing offense in the NFL and the 14th rated rushing offense in the NFL.

That team won 11 games and had the only playoff win this team has had in the last four years. Those guys rallied around the fact that expectations were low with the departure of Marino and Johnson, they pulled together, and they won the division unexpectedly.

This team isn't dead, because this defense is still intact and is better than it was back in 2000. There may be a lot of unknowns, but as is the case in many situations, players will have to emerge.

I'm telling you right now, this team will not have it's third losing season since 1970.

Suck it up......stand up and step it up!.........GO PHINS.....we CAN DO it!

The AFC East sucked in 2000. That was the biggest key for us. Not trying to be negative nelly but that's the truth.

F150&Dolfan said:
The AFC East sucked in 2000. That was the biggest key for us. Not trying to be negative nelly but that's the truth.
AHEM, I believe you mean Negative Nancy!

Anyways.

GO PHINZ!

12-4!

BLIND OPTIMISM!

well tht was a touching story...but my expectatins are still VERY low. If we win 8 games, i will be shocked.

F150&Dolfan said:

Explain how they won in the playoffs that year then.

Oh, Indianapolis must have sucked. Oh, the entire AFC must have sucked then.

KBISBACK said:

If I remember correctly, Indy DID suck.

resign gadsden :(

this sucks...i had optimism in 2000....yet im losing it for this season..

i want minor tolver and minis to step it up big year for all 3 with out the given defence and chambers

KBISBACK said:

No not exactly. Oakland and Baltimore were pretty good. Buffalo, NE and the Jets (Jets swept us), were terrible. We and Indy were pretty even as we split with them in the regular season and sqeaked by them in the playoffs. The 2004 Pats, Bills, Jets and Colts will be much better than the 2000 versions.

Back
Top Bottom