remind me again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

remind me again

upstatenydolfan

PRESIDENT OF THE PPOFD FAN CLUB
Reaction score
what did we get for our second round draft pick that we gave to the NE pansies

RD PK(OVR) NOTES NAME POS SCHOOL
2 17(49) EDDIE MOORE OLB TENNESSEE
3 14(78) from from Kansas City through New Orleans and New England WADE SMITH OT MEMPHIS
3 23(87) from Denver TAYLOR WHITLEY OG TEXAS A&M
5 21(156) DONALD LEE TE MISSISSIPPI STATE
5 34(169) Compensatory pick J.R. Tolver WR SAN DIEGO STATE
6 8(181) from Carolina COREY JENKINS SS SOUTH CAROLINA
6 36(209) Compensatory pick TIM PROVOST OT SAN JOSE STATE
6 40(213) Compensatory pick YEREMIAH BELL CB EASTERN KENTUCKY
7 34(248) Compensatory pick DAVERN WILLIAMS DT TROY STATE

Got this From ESPN.

Well, Then that wasn't a horrible deal then. We got a starter from that pick.

Originally posted by upstatenydolfan
great move by dave wansuck

Care to rephrase your statement??

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
Well, Then that wasn't a horrible deal then. We got a starter from that pick.
exactly the JJ / Wannee philosophy: Pay for a pick this year that can start or will start w/a pick 1 rd up next year:

• Wade Smith
  • Morlon Greenwood
  • and last, but not least Pat Surtain

im sorry but i have to disagree, im not a big fan of wade smith, i know he is playing because of injury, but i just dont see the reason to have a rookie third rounder starting on the line. he got victimized by freeney.

Well they drafted Smith for depth, I don't think they expected Dixon to go on the IR, so considering he's a rookie we have to cut him some slack. As far as Freeney goes, if someone (reguardless of their years in the league) is having problems blocking then maybe the coaches should get that person some help. And they did a few time during that game.
But lat me ask you this, If next year Smith is blocking his a$$ off and becomes a solid LT, will you then be a fan of Smith's? And if so wouldn't you atribute that to this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
2 games Wade got owned as a rookie. Otherwise he's saving the teams bacon for not getting any viable tackles throughout the offseason. Can't dismiss a guy because he gets owned once in a while. How often have our DE's abused tackles over the years :tongue:

i just feel that relying on him was the wrong move by the coaches, and not changing the blocking scheme to protect him is wrong, but what else can you do when you have an o line like ours

i know i am really critical of them, but one good game isnt going to make me forget, and a prime example is the way ricky is running, he cant run for anything if there are no holes. So maybe this may have been an early season thing and i hope they pull it together when we hit the playoffs. I would be a fan of smith if he became good, but right now i dont have that feeling because i believe if he made that block on freeney we might have won that game vs. indy, but you are right in arguing the coaches should have changed the scheme.

Not for nothing but Feeney is abusing everybody this year..the guy is a stud.

BTW, I remember the "We traded a higher pick for a dimeback (Surtain), is Jimmy nuts?" calls to Mandich and fat hank.

Back
Top Bottom