Rent a Ricky for one year.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rent a Ricky for one year..

vt_dolfan

E tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!
Reaction score
Im not suggesting that this will happen. It seems to make sense for me..but...who knows.

If Ricky comes back for one year..and starts. He has a productive year. He doesnt quit.

Doesnt his trade value go up in this scenario. His contract is still very easy to work with. Next year..we go with Ronnie. Trade Ricky for a higher round draft pick than what we would get now at this time. Whats the sense in trading him now. Why not trade him while his value is highest.

It doesnt seem like much of a risk for us. We play him...if he blows up...Ronnie is right there. It seems like the reward is now much higher than the risk.

The only problem I could see is that its somewhat of an insult to Brown. Ronnie is the consumate team player and wouldnt cause problems, but you know inside he would be a little upset to be drafted #2 overall and then sit the bench.
Also, in Linehans offense, Ronnie might just be more valuable than Ricky.
All in all it would probably work out, but after Caddy and now Ricky, I'd bet the next contract that Ronnie signs would have a clause that no RB named "Williams" could be acquired while he was on the team.

If on week 11 when its 3rd and 1 and we have both Brown and Williams in the backfield I will feel much better than I have in years... Don't like what Ricky did at all but he is a great back and if he comes back for the year and plays hard so we can trade him and he has gained some value, I am all for it.

I'm all for Ricky coming back. But, know this in advance. It's not because he wants to play football again. It's because he needs money in the worst way. Not only does he owe the Dolphins 8.6M, but he has to pay something like 4300/month in child support. I feel that if he does return, not only will our FO know this, but every other team FO will be aware as well. Not only does he have to come back. He has to come back and play well enough to get a starting job somewhere. He'll develop enough value that we should be able to get at least a second rounder for him. I'd rather trade him for a LT, but that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom