Replacing Jay Ajayi | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Replacing Jay Ajayi

Funny you mention that.

Daniel Thomas was actually more productive than Ajayi when it come to TD's

Thomas - 13 TD's on 464 touches
Ajayi - 9 TD's on 513 touches

I don't remember all of this moaning and groaning when Thomas and his 13 TD's left.
Garbage TD's on the goal line for a perennial backup over like 4 seasons vs a bonafide stud #1 who had almost 5 a tote last season and we rod him into the playoffs after 3 200+ yard games...

Garbage TD's on the goal line for a perennial backup over like 4 seasons vs a bonafide stud #1 who had almost 5 a tote last season and we rod him into the playoffs after 3 200+ yard games...

Yards from scrimmage are almost the same also. And Ajayi had a QB that could throw down field last year. Something Thomas rarely had the pleasure of playing with.

Also look at the effect of those so called garbage TD's. Many of them provide the winning margin including a couple games I attended.

O td's this year plus an unwillingness to to practice and learn the plays. Couple that with a poor attitude and low shelf life. He is replaceable.

It's funny to see all the post that kind of say good riddance now. Pointing out all the flaws he had and blaming him for the offensive woes this year. Now that he's not wearing the aqua and orange, he's a cancer and not that valuable. Two weeks ago he was a beast.

I wish him well and hope Philly goes a long way with him. I doubt we make the playoffs, so I'll root for Philly to advance from the NFC because Jay is on their team.

It's funny to see all the post that kind of say good riddance now.

I never went that far. But his career stats are very comparable to Daniel Thomas who everyone hated.

Ajayi rise to fame coincided with Ryan Tannehill's backing off the defenses with his command of the deep ball. Without it this year he was just like Daniel Thomas. If some of you can't see that you need to get another sport. The Thread should really be "Replacing Ryan Tannehill"

Funny you mention that.

Daniel Thomas was actually more productive than Ajayi when it come to TD's

Thomas - 13 TD's on 464 touches
Ajayi - 9 TD's on 513 touches

I don't remember all of this moaning and groaning when Thomas and his 13 TD's left.

Come on, 71, do you really think Daniel Thomas brought the same things to the team that Ajayi did? I accept that we moved on from Ajayi because of things that happened behind the scenes, but let's not pretend he didn't bring a lot of positive when he carried the ball.

It's funny to see all the post that kind of say good riddance now. Pointing out all the flaws he had and blaming him for the offensive woes this year. Now that he's not wearing the aqua and orange, he's a cancer and not that valuable. Two weeks ago he was a beast.

I wish him well and hope Philly goes a long way with him. I doubt we make the playoffs, so I'll root for Philly to advance from the NFC because Jay is on their team.

I don't wish him well at all. I wish he had pulled his head out of his ass, because he'd still be a Miami Dolphin, and he could help us win some games.

I'm here for the laundry, not for the players. The only exception to that rule for me is players who have given us many years of great service that the team decides to move on from. If Cam Wake still wants to keep playing football and the Dolphins decide to move on from him, I will be rooting my ass off for him to get a ring as long as he doesn't knock us out of contention in the process. But I ain't out there rooting for Billy Turner to have a great career with the Broncos.

No Thomas could never finish the game like Ajayi did for us last year. Those 4th quarter yards were big. We will certainly miss that. Doesn't really matter this year without a QB who can back the defense off.

If you remember I was the one who was complaining about the Lazor offense before everyone grabbed pitch forks. I kept saying we needed to take some deeps shots to change what teams were doing to us. Everyone laughed and said how do you do that without having time. Ryan figured out how to last year and our run game magically took off. Now without Ryan we are back to where we were with Lazor and Ryan throwing short.

Ajayi benefited greatly from Ryan's improved play. Anyone can spin it however they want. But i don't see Ajayi improving Cutler's or Moore's game this year like Ryan improved Jay's last year.

No Thomas could never finish the game like Ajayi did for us last year. Those 4th quarter yards were big. We will certainly miss that. Doesn't really matter this year without a QB who can back the defense off.

If you remember I was the one who was complaining about the Lazor offense before everyone grabbed pitch forks. I kept saying we needed to take some deeps shots to change what teams were doing to us. Everyone laughed and said how do you do that without having time. Ryan figured out how to last year and our run game magically took off. Now without Ryan we are back to where we were with Lazor and Ryan throwing short.

Ajayi benefited greatly from Ryan's improved play. Anyone can spin it however they want. But i don't see Ajayi improving Cutler's or Moore's game this year like Ryan improved Jay's last year.

On that last point, I would add that Ajayi was not taking his responsibilities in the passing game seriously -- and I mean, *really* not taking them seriously -- so there's more to it than that. When teams saw Ajayi on the field, they knew that they should play the run or play action, because we certainly weren't going to be using him for anything else.

Yards from scrimmage are almost the same also. And Ajayi had a QB that could throw down field last year. Something Thomas rarely had the pleasure of playing with.

Also look at the effect of those so called garbage TD's. Many of them provide the winning margin including a couple games I attended.
SMDH....

Daniel Thomas was a joke and also benefited from a superior O-line if we really want to start comparisons....

How about broken tackles?

How about yards after contact?

How about rushes over 10+ Yards, 20+ Yards, 50+ Yards, etc...

How about 100 yards games...

How about 200 yard games...

How about Pro Bowl appearances...

Go do some actual homework instead of just google career stats...

Stats are for losers anyways guy...

O td's this year plus an unwillingness to to practice and learn the plays. Couple that with a poor attitude and low shelf life. He is replaceable.
Any RB is replaceable.......

But usually your RB is not the best player on the team. In our case he was (My Opinion).

So you want to trade arguably your best player for the reasoning you cited......

Fine, go and get me at least a 3rd or a player who can help this season, etc...

Don't deal him for a 4th when you know we probably wont even hit on that pick and we just flushed a 5th down the toilet for Anthony...

It's so easy to poke holes in this trade...

Because it was ABSURD!!

they said and gase even said all offseason how much ajayi was putting in the work to be a complete and 3 down back...how many strides he had made in the passing game etc.

if this stuff wasn't being tossed out prior to the trade and if said sources weren't talking about how Miami was considering making a change with ajayi then I would discard the sources...

SMDH....

Daniel Thomas was a joke and also benefited from a superior O-line if we really want to start comparisons....

How about broken tackles?

How about yards after contact?

How about rushes over 10+ Yards, 20+ Yards, 50+ Yards, etc...

How about 100 yards games...

How about 200 yard games...

How about Pro Bowl appearances...

Go do some actual homework instead of just google career stats...

Stats are for losers anyways guy...
lol, says the guy that just reeled off a bunch of stats for the basis of his post.

Back
Top Bottom