Replay-i Agree With Belichick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Replay-i Agree With Belichick

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
As we have seen the terrible calls again this weekend. I would like to reiterate that Belichick had it right some years ago. he suggested making EVERYTHING reviewable. Some argue that it will slow the pace of the game down, but I don't believe it will. All that is needed is to leave the amount of challenges the same. If you want to review PI, that's one of your challenges. You wanna review holding, that's one of your challenges.

Yea lets review that roughing the passer and Eldelman muff over and over again.

They should be able to do this and SPEED UP THE PROCESS. NY is watching, defer all replays to them and just have them communicate the outcome to the actual officials. This way we don't have to waste time having the in game officials look at the play 600 times.

Yea lets review that roughing the passer and Eldelman muff over and over again.

I wanted the Edelman play to be a fumble, of course, but after matching up all the different replays it was clear he didn't touch it. Each time I thought his thumb or finger touched it, they showed a different angle where you could see that it didn't.

As for the roughing penalty, what irritated me most is that Patrick Mahomes was hit in almost the exact same manner (below the chin; at the shoulders and neck) and no penalty was thrown.

That's what irks people the most IMO. The blatant inconsistency. It's just like offensive holding or illegal contact on defense. By the letter of the law and subjective interpretation, they could call it every single play. But they pick and choose when and who to call it on. It's such an easy way to manipulate games. Cause it's easy to see that it's a correct call when they do flag it and when they don't choose to flag it the "we can't see everything" excuse is given.

I wanted the Edelman play to be a fumble, of course, but after matching up all the different replays it was clear he didn't touch it. Each time I thought his thumb or finger touched it, they showed a different angle where you could see that it didn't.

As for the roughing penalty, what irritated me most is that Patrick Mahomes was hit in almost the exact same manner (below the chin; at the shoulders and neck) and no penalty was thrown.

That's what irks people the most IMO. The blatant inconsistency. It's just like offensive holding or illegal contact on defense. By the letter of the law and subjective interpretation, they could call it every single play. But they pick and choose when and who to call it on. It's such an easy way to manipulate games. Cause it's easy to see that it's a correct call when they do flag it and when they don't choose to flag it the "we can't see everything" excuse is given.
They need to keep options open in order to manipulate the outcomes. For sure. **** roger gooddell and most of the greedy bastard owners.

Of course he was right. He's a scumbag (personally and professionally), but he's right.

If an official calls "Holding, number seventy-seven, offense..." and number seventy seven didn't even touch anyone during the play, then the coach should be able to challenge that.

At the very least, this would make officials correctly identify the players that they saw commit a penalty.

As we have seen the terrible calls again this weekend. I would like to reiterate that Belichick had it right some years ago. he suggested making EVERYTHING reviewable. Some argue that it will slow the pace of the game down, but I don't believe it will. All that is needed is to leave the amount of challenges the same. If you want to review PI, that's one of your challenges. You wanna review holding, that's one of your challenges.

Slowing the pace of the game down is an excuse. People objected bringing instant replay back citing that same excuse. If there's a few more challenges a game, it won't affect the game much imo. Most people are afraid of change, no matter how much change is needed.

"slowing the pace of the game" is, of course, an absolute joke.

You know what slows the pace of the game? Commercial breaks. Commercial break after commercial break after commercial break. There are so many commercial breaks now that they had to push down the late afternoon start time to 4:30pm on Sundays.

You don't see the NFL showing any concern about that, though.

IMO, since we have the same discussions in Germany around soccer, do away with the replays. Just let them play and officate the game and don't show any replays in slow motion. No challenges, no nothing.

IMO, since we have the same discussions in Germany around soccer, do away with the replays. Just let them play and officate the game and don't show any replays in slow motion. No challenges, no nothing.

Yeah, lets go backwards. :rolleyes:

If Roger Goodell doesn't get this right, his time has passed.

Instant replay has made it pretty obvious the outcomes are controlled by referees. It wasn't as obvious back in the old days but was still happening. It is entertainment.

If it means getting it right, then I am all for it. but even when you see the instant reply, and everyone, bar NY, sees the screw up, you just gotta wonder....

The game was more fun to watch back then.

Let me start by saying I like the Rams and don't like the Saints ever since bountygate.

This play in my eyes was the final straw in dozens of bad calls and plays that are missed and aren't reviewable.

Lets forget the emotional part about the NFL games. The high strung rah rah fan kinda like me.

That Saints/Rams play wasn't some little innocent play that " oh the ref blew that call" play. It was a blatant obvious non-call deciding factor in a team getting another chance that shouldn't have had and a team not getting a chance to ice a game in the conference championship game that should have won.

A game that millions of $$$$$ is spent on. Through vegas and outside of vegas.

Not only was it PI it was helmet to helmet. Did that ref's relative have money bet on that game???

Roger Goodell can add a few years to his career if he fixes this. He's such a cardboard phony he'll do a half a** attempt from his lack of reaction so far.

Back
Top Bottom