Reply to What if | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reply to What if

Fletcher will be in the mix!! He will see alot more playing time next year, especially if the PHINS lose Terry Cousins! Fletcher has a knack for the ball, he will get his share of picks when he starts playing more! They drafted him to defnd against 3 and 4 wide receiver sets(JETS AND CHREBET)! FLETCHER will eat that little LEPRECHAUN UP!!!

Originally posted by dolfan87
Well now, Fletcher might still be a great CB, he is just lost in the mix. I only put that to make a point about how great Wannstedt's offensive picks worked out.

Morlon Greenwood was looking really sharp in the least two or three games. Fletcher might be a great CB, just have to let him develop.

Ok so maybe Dave doesn't suck at defensive guys, it's just weird that other then Konrad, every offensive pick JJ made has been mediocre or garbage.

Dave is good at drafting, espicially on offense. Fletcher, although he is good, is a waste of time on our team and should be traded. Chambers and Minor were pretty damn good picks, and Greenwood did play well towards the end, and I remember everyone was ripping him in the beginning, but made some great tackles toward the end of the year. I can see next year as a breakout year for Greenwood.

Well now, Fletcher might still be a great CB, he is just lost in the mix. I only put that to make a point about how great Wannstedt's offensive picks worked out.

Morlon Greenwood was looking really sharp in the least two or three games. Fletcher might be a great CB, just have to let him develop.

Ok so maybe Dave doesn't suck at defensive guys, it's just weird that other then Konrad, every offensive pick JJ made has been mediocre or garbage.

I have to say Konrad has been garbage himself. He is injured all the time and when he isn't he is missing blocks.

Originally posted by Dajesus

I have to say Konrad has been garbage himself. He is injured all the time and when he isn't he is missing blocks.

Konrad isn't used the right way on our team. He is an FB who should be making catches, not blocking.

Rob Konrad has been anything but garbage. Injuries happen, you can't stop those, but he has turned himself into a first rate run blocker.

Rob should be utilized more in the receiving game and we all know it.

Guys like Travis Minor, Rob Konrad, and even Jed Weaver have the skills to make some really good things happen. It continually boggels my mind why they aren't used more.

Seems to me that if you have talent on the team, use it. Don't come in saying, "well I don't throw to the TE or the FB much cause that's not my scheme (I.E Gailey)

Adapt your damned scheme to the players around you!!!

Konrad being called garbage is like saying Zach Thomas was crap this year cause he couldn't stop the running game. Zach had no help from his big guys up front, and Konrad didn't have help from the O line. Hell Zach has been injured a bit himself the last couple years. Same with Gardener, is he garbage?

Sorry I take a bit of offense calling a guy like Konrad that.

Rob Konrad has been anything but garbage. Injuries happen, you can't stop those, but he has turned himself into a first rate run blocker.

Rob should be utilized more in the receiving game and we all know it.

Guys like Travis Minor, Rob Konrad, and even Jed Weaver have the skills to make some really good things happen. It continually boggels my mind why they aren't used more.

Seems to me that if you have talent on the team, use it. Don't come in saying, "well I don't throw to the TE or the FB much cause that's not my scheme (I.E Gailey)

Adapt your damned scheme to the players around you!!!

Konrad being called garbage is like saying Zach Thomas was crap this year cause he couldn't stop the running game. Zach had no help from his big guys up front, and Konrad didn't have help from the O line. Hell Zach has been injured a bit himself the last couple years. Same with Gardener, is he garbage?

Sorry I take a bit of offense calling a guy like Konrad that.

I agree with everything you just said. When Norv Turner is here next year, you will all be big fans of Konrad. Turner knows how to use talented FBs like Konrad really well.

Konrad CANT block, I wathced miss countless blocks all season long, regardless how he is used every full back has to be able to block that is the first and foremost reponsability of the postion. He has had 1 nice run in his carrer w/Miami. Granted he hasn't had the oppurtunities, but he hasn't stayed healthy long enough to get worked in to the offense. When you have the nagging injuries he has had, it is due to lack of preparation.Zach gets injured because he is overused, and never rested. Darryl had bad luck w/his back, knowing back injuries from expeirence all tell you they never fully heal. Konrad injures his shoulder or ankle or ribs and he is only in on 5-6 plays a game. I would garunte it is because he doesn't do enough off the feild to get ready to play. Look at Jay 2 years ago had nagging injuries all season, then this past season gained praise from his off season workouts didn't get injured all season, any athlete will tell you it is not luck, but prepration.

Rob

He is a good ass receiving FB when we use him. I REALLY hope we get Norv, and we start using those guys more. It will make Fiedler that much better.

I am convinced you are all off your rocker. We need less targets and more road blocks. Why do we need another pass catcher when we can't protect our qb or hb? Seriously can you really say you would rahter see Konrad get more touches and see Gadsen, Ward, Chambers, or Minor get less? We need to get Konrad more involved just as much as Indy needs to pick another wr in the first round. We need a bulldozer at FB to make up for the lack of push that our o-line is getting. And I am done on this thread.

It's good for Konrad to get into plays because he can be used to get good chunks of yardage without having to have much time in the pocket.

dejesus..............

just because somebody doesn't agree with your opininion doesn't mean you should drop off the thread. thats what these boards are for to hash things out. what ever role konrad played, this year wasn't enough. i just hope they didn't burn up lamar with that useless crap up the middle!:yell:

If Konrad can't block, then tell me why he was praised so much for turning into a really good blocking FB by the coaches?

Rob started all but one game in 2000, and then had an injury which forced him out of two games earlier this year, and then the season ending injury.

I really don't understand what your problem with Konrad is anyway. He was the one leading Lamar's way last year when he pushed over 1000 yards rushing. He is a very gifted receiving FB, who has put his own stardom aside to block for Lamar. He never complained, he only took what the coaches told him to do, and played.

Chris Mortenson said; "Rob Konrad would be a star in this league if he was in the right system"

I just hope that the right system shows up in Miami this year.

You can NEVER EVER have enough talented receivers on a team. While I agree we need a much stouter o line, Rob is a guy who blocks well, and can receive well. What a weapon to have on the goal line...are they gonna run it down your throat, or go play action and pass it to the FB out of the backfield.

Ok I'm back. 87 I beg you to watch any film you might have of last season again, and please tell me when you see Konrad put a good block on someone. Wait Ill save you the trouble, all you will see is Rob exploding thru hole like he had the ball ignoring the onrushing lb, and on pass protection he he constantly would take bad angles on blitzers, and would touch them but they ran right thru him. I remember 1 game i think against the Seahawks I payed close attention to him all game, and it made me sick. Dispite his size he blocks like my little neice. If you can find 1 pancake last season Ill shut up about, but I doubt you will.

I am sorry if i seem pretentios(i am also sorry i cant spell pretentious), but I am very opsessive compulsive when it comes to watching the dolphins. Ill watch a game 3-5 times durring the week after said game, and i disect stupid things such as how many blocks Konrad misses, how many more times a game the opposing qb throws at Surtain than Madison(2 to 1, some games it was 3to1 if anyone is as crazy as I am), or how many times Ruddy would be late hitting his blocking assingment. My favorite this season was to watch Jay's passes 6 or 7 times each to see if he underthrew, threw off target, or flat out missed an open wr, and i found out if he was accurate he would have rivaled Werner in passing yards this season. Maybe I do this because I am an aspiring football coach or maybe it is due to the fact that I have no freinds, and my fiance annoys me sometimes. Either way I apolagize and I will try to have more of an open mind.

Back
Top Bottom