report: Dolphins plan to retain Wilkins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

report: Dolphins plan to retain Wilkins

If true, just shows you can’t trust anything Grier says.

I mean a lot has changed. The additional 8 million in cap space the nfl added over expected cap made it much easier to tag Wilkins. We also switched defensive coordinator’s and if Weaver came in and said having Wilkins is a must for his defense any good Gm would do the same.

Great news though we need him, he’s the leader of the defense. I just hope it doesn’t mean we lose hunt though. Need to sign 2 out of the 3 of hunt/Williams/Wynn. Don’t want to go into free agency/draft needing to replace the whole interior line.

I mean a lot has changed. The additional 8 million in cap space the nfl added over expected cap made it much easier to tag Wilkins. We also switched defensive coordinator’s and if Weaver came in and said having Wilkins is a must for his defense any good Gm would do the same.

Great news though we need him, he’s the leader of the defense. I just hope it doesn’t mean we lose hunt though. Need to sign 2 out of the 3 of hunt/Williams/Wynn. Don’t want to go into free agency/draft needing to replace the whole interior line.
Wynn wont be hard to sign. We will need to draft or sign quality depth behind him though. Injury prone…

Snapping West Side Story GIF by HBO Max

There is no deal- they’re tagging him for one year
Actually, this is what the article says....

"They hope to sign him to a long-term extension, but barring that, they'll use the franchise tag"

I take that to mean they are trying to work on a contract. The franchise tag is their fallback position

When you have a tandem like Sieler and Wilkins who LOVE feeding off each other down in the trenches you get them signed. They make too much of an impact to ignore. You build around these guys. Our CBs will be thanking Grier

Back
Top Bottom