"Report From Mini-Camp.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Report From Mini-Camp..

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Well folks looks like Dave and company has done it again with the new additions to our team.

Seau- Wow I'm still in amazement because I actually just watch Jr. practice. It's funny because I read about how he practices and everything is so true. His intensity was a joy to watch. Listen, folks this addition is going pay big defendants for us. On one play he flew through the line like superman and hit Ricki like Whoaw.. He did hold himself back from hitting him to hard. But anyhow, his addition to our defense seems to be exactly what we needed.

Buckley: He started today because Surtain and Madison were held out. I think he solidifies our secondary. He made a couple of great plays today, including one where he had tight coverage and when the ball was thrown he tipped in the air and grab it for an Int. The crowd was very please when they saw that. I yelled welcome back T-buck..

Derrius Thompson. As solid as can be. I can't believe Spurrier let this mofo go. Oh well that's just our gain..I think he will fit in so perfectly with what Norv is trying to do..He really does play like a faster OG..

James Mc Knight. J-Mac seems to be poised to have a break out season. He's so fast and so quick. He stood out the most today on offense.

Rob Konrad: Damn his huge. I don't there's a more complete full back in the league than Rob..He might see some carries this year..

Jr Tolver- This kid can play. I know it's early but he made some great catches today.

Donald Lee- And Identical version of Randy Mc Micheal. His fluent, athlectic and fast. Has great hands. I don't know the reason why he was drafted so late. He has all the tools from what I saw. This kid excited me..

Sam Simmons- Looks like he's ready to prove something..

Moore- Excellent pick, I can see why he was drafted in the secound round..His complete as they come. I think Morlon's job is in jeopardy. He just seems so much more fluent than Greenwood.

Sage Rosenfels. If the season were to start today I would be very comfortable with Sage as our back. His tall with a nice strong arm and smooth delivery. He looks everypart the Quarterback. With a full training camp under his belt I think he will be fine.. I really like all of his tools. With his improvement I don't think Brian is a must especially if it's going to be a
distraction to the team..

Umm, let me think of what else I observed.

For whatever reason Chambers did not practice.
Jamar Fletcher still looks awky.
Norv Offensive system is poetry in motion. He constant shifts and motions, and spliting the tight End and move Fb's to Hb's and Etc..Wow.
I thinks this the best set of RB is ever had.
I think we are fine at WR..
The Defense pretty much handled to Offense. Which is to be expected. At one point JR. screams accross to Norv with " Come on with whatever else you got..lol..Tuner just smiled at him..

I am just so happy we landed SEAU..Now I know what's the big deal about him..I cant wait for the season..

Any Questions let me know..

Here's my take.

I was the guy in the black shirt and blue shorts in the middle on top.

Seau was all over the place! They had a 11 on 11 at the and he knifed in and had ricky wrap up while Jay handed him the ball. Seau is fast! JT and Zach where jumpin all over him and High fiven.

Tolver made some incredible cathces, Also Lee looks gooood, he reminds of McMichael alot. The kid from UCF made a couple of great catches too.

They had this strange formation with the fullback in the slot that seemed to work great.

Flecther got burned by Thompson on an up patern. Flechter was right there he just didn't turn around.

Freeaman was burned my Mckinght and people in the stands where yelling for Sammy!.

Overall, I was very impressed with the team speed.

Can you imagine adding Sammy Knight to this D?? With Seau and Knight back there......oh boy!!

Damn I missed first day of mini camp because I got lost try to get to davie(ended up in pompono beach).First time I actually drive down to Dolphins facility because other time my Fried was driving.I should had printed out driving directions.

I'm not going to lie I'm a little concerned about Sammy Knight's lack of speed. I think we should get him, but I think the coaches are taking the right approach by offering a one year deal worth a little over the minimum with a promise that he will be taken care of if he plays well.

If he plays well I have no problem taking care of him, because he'll have proved that his lack of speed is not detrimental to the defense. But I don't buy any of this he's faster than Brock Marion or faster than whoever stuff. Thats almost an insult to Knight cuz its just a lie. The guy is not a fast safety, he's never ever ever been known as a fast safety even when he was a pro bowler, just the opposite in fact. I would just want to view this season as a one year experiment, can a slow-footed safety with superior instincts play well in our defense. I know he would fit well in like, Tennessee's defense or something, but this D is different. If he can play well and the D works fine, we can go longterm on him and Arturo can eventually replace Brock.

I agree on his speed but hey for a change the Fins might have a hard hitting SS and a ball hawk.The main reason why I want Knight sign because he is a great locker room guy and a leader.Is not like the Dolphins are despret need of Knight so I wouldn't be dissapointed if they don't sign him.

Big DEFENDANTS? Weren't Cecil Collins, Sammie Smith, Louis Oliver et al big enough? How about that O-lineman we had last year who flipped his car at high speed? ;-)

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
Big DEFENDANTS? Weren't Cecil Collins, Sammie Smith, Louis Oliver et al big enough? How about that O-lineman we had last year who flipped his car at high speed? ;-)

LMAO... I'm sure he meant "It'll pay big DIVIDENDS".. I saw that mistake too... no one's perfect..:cool: ;)

HOORAH:drinker:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm not going to lie I'm a little concerned about Sammy Knight's lack of speed. I think we should get him, but I think the coaches are taking the right approach by offering a one year deal worth a little over the minimum with a promise that he will be taken care of if he plays well.

If he plays well I have no problem taking care of him, because he'll have proved that his lack of speed is not detrimental to the defense. But I don't buy any of this he's faster than Brock Marion or faster than whoever stuff. Thats almost an insult to Knight cuz its just a lie. The guy is not a fast safety, he's never ever ever been known as a fast safety even when he was a pro bowler, just the opposite in fact. I would just want to view this season as a one year experiment, can a slow-footed safety with superior instincts play well in our defense. I know he would fit well in like, Tennessee's defense or something, but this D is different. If he can play well and the D works fine, we can go longterm on him and Arturo can eventually replace Brock.

I agree. His lack of speed is a major concern but if we can get him on the cheap we should jump at the chance. That said, we should hang onto Freeman for another year even if we bring in Knight. He's only had one season as a starter, its a little early to bail on him.

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX

I think he means "dividends"...

Thanks for the updates guys. Keep 'em coming....

Tell me exactly how Sage did please. How is Blitzy saying he did bad and you say he did good?

Back
Top Bottom