Report: Jets considering Brandon Marshall trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jets considering Brandon Marshall trade

Brandon Marshall in NYC is a ticking timebomb.

If he signs I think he'll play fine and get along with his teammates fine, but he will get in trouble very soon and probably bigger trouble than he's managed to get into so far.

I'll bet Joey is licking his chops though...:D

My head says I'd hate to see him lining up against us 2X a year but my well-honed gut instinct says I'd love to see that cancerous ticking time bomb implode that team not too long after they ironically spend a 1st and more for a player one infraction away from suspension and one serious hit away from reinjuring his surgically repaired hip.

Tannenbaum is desperate and surely aware that if not for Mangini being such a sacrificial lamb screw up, he'd be the one who walked the plank ...and will next year if they don't deliver on all these high ticket hired hands. So I'm not discounting this possibility.

t8rmmb-1.jpg

I think if you're smart and you're really thinking things through, you don't want Brandon Marshall anywhere near a Jets uniform.

Rex Ryan has his locker room eating out of the palm of his hand. I don't care if anyone here tries to deny it, it's the truth. The most effective tool in bringing a Brandon Marshall to heel will not be some rigid clauses in his contract, and it won't be fines or suspensions or anything like that. It will be peer pressure. It will be the locker room. And that locker room is Rex Ryan's right now. He'll let them do all the work.

Brandon Marshall hates the Broncos. Any team he goes to is going to be fifteen million times better than the Broncos in his head, simply because they're not the Broncos. You'd have to go completely out of your way to screw up that inevitable love affair. And far from screwing it up, the Jets would probably fly him over to the facilities with the owner's Jet, give him a contract that involves gaudy numbers but a hefty dose of workout incentives and penalties for various infractions, show him all the gimmicky pilates classes and other crap that won Calvin Pace over, and then you have the man himself Rex Ryan who is absolutely a players' coach while still being a hard-@ss.

It won't be hard to bring him in line at the very least for this year. It really won't. From there, the guy is about as talented as any WR in this league.

Why would you want him on the Jets, playing for a players coach who has his locker room fully in tow? That makes no sense to me. We all WANTED to see Randy Moss destroy the New England locker room, and much to our chagrin we found that the locker room was stronger than Randy Moss. 29 wins and 6 losses later...

First Cutler, now Marshall. McDaniels is not making too many friends in the Mile High city is he?

I think if you're smart and you're really thinking things through, you don't want Brandon Marshall anywhere near a Jets uniform.

Rex Ryan has his locker room eating out of the palm of his hand. I don't care if anyone here tries to deny it, it's the truth. The most effective tool in bringing a Brandon Marshall to heel will not be some rigid clauses in his contract, and it won't be fines or suspensions or anything like that. It will be peer pressure. It will be the locker room. And that locker room is Rex Ryan's right now. He'll let them do all the work.

Brandon Marshall hates the Broncos. Any team he goes to is going to be fifteen million times better than the Broncos in his head, simply because they're not the Broncos. You'd have to go completely out of your way to screw up that inevitable love affair. And far from screwing it up, the Jets would probably fly him over to the facilities with the owner's Jet, give him a contract that involves gaudy numbers but a hefty dose of workout incentives and penalties for various infractions, show him all the gimmicky pilates classes and other crap that won Calvin Pace over, and then you have the man himself Rex Ryan who is absolutely a players' coach while still being a hard-@ss.

It won't be hard to bring him in line at the very least for this year. It really won't. From there, the guy is about as talented as any WR in this league.

Why would you want him on the Jets, playing for a players coach who has his locker room fully in tow? That makes no sense to me. We all WANTED to see Randy Moss destroy the New England locker room, and much to our chagrin we found that the locker room was stronger than Randy Moss. 29 wins and 6 losses later...

Come on CK...Stop with the common sense and logic. :lol:

High risk high reward. What if Marshall decides to leave his off the field issues in the past? Jets strike gold and we have to see him twice a year for a while. T.O. is going to be 36 this December so he's not going to be around much longer. He might not want to come back to Buffalo after this year. Moss is 32 and starting to get old but still will hang around probably another 5 years or so. Our young corners will have their hands full but wont it make them raise their game to the next level faster? Yes, but with all the good teams we play this year I really don't want to worry about the jets.

Maybe...but if they were willing to dump on their franchise QB...do you really think that they wouldn't trade Marshall?

At the same time McDaniels has taken a ton of heat for the whole Cutler thing. For a 1st yr HC, he is already on a hotseat. He still has to win games and keeping Marshall is his best chance.

Having a disgruntled QB is a whole lot more dangerous than a disgrunted WR.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/roll...ossibility-of-trade-for-brandon-marshall.html

I know everyone on here throws a fit at the thought of Brandon coming here, but you better get used to seeing T.O, Moss, and Marshall 6 times a year.

This alone in my opinion would make us split the season series with them.

And your opinion cannot be backed up by facts. Games are won in the trenches.
If I recall Jason Allen shut Marshall down last yr.
Run for your lives, the sky is falling, the sky is falling :boohoo:

Jets won't get Marshall, if they were to trade for him, the broncos would be shooting themselves in the foot even more if they do (who are they going to use if he's gone?).

Also, he is under contract and I don't think that the broncos have officially put him on the trading block.

And your opinion cannot be backed up by facts. Games are won in the trenches.
If I recall Jason Allen shut Marshall down last yr.
Run for your lives, the sky is falling, the sky is falling :boohoo:

Lasy year was last year....do you think that the Broncos were a good team last year? I find it very funny that when a receiver like Marshall gets only 27 yds against the Dolphins...he stinks and was shut down...but then when Ginn does that game after game...he's just learning the position...the planets were aligned correctly.

Marshall still acquired 1265 yds in 15 games. he had three 100 plus yd games...plus 6 more games with at least 70 yds.

Jets won't get Marshall, if they were to trade for him, the broncos would be shooting themselves in the foot even more if they do (who are they going to use if he's gone?).

Also, he is under contract and I don't think that the broncos have officially put him on the trading block.

They are rebuilding...they want draft picks...and they still have Royal.

Back
Top Bottom