Report: Marvin Lewis will retire at end of 2016 season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Marvin Lewis will retire at end of 2016 season

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
Rumors are beginning to swirl regarding Marvin Lewis’ future with the Bengals.

After the Bengals’ first losing season since 2010, Lewis is coming under fire and many fans want him out of Cincinnati. On Sunday morning’s Cooley & Kevin show on ESPN 980, host and former Redskins player Chris Cooley suggested this will be Lewis’ last year in Cincinnati.

“From somebody I know in Cincinnati, Marvin Lewis will retire at the end of this year, slash, be asked to retire. Which is the only information I know,” Cooley said during hour two of the show (beginning at the 22 minute mark).

Source: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/12/27/14089060/report-marvin-lewis-will-retire-at-end-of-2016-season

That would make 4 and I'm afraid put VJ into play. The Rams need to make a spash in LA with a marquee name or a pedigreed OC like Josh McDaniels. Jacksonville might hire Coughllin and if not, then someone with more experience at the coordinator level including former HCs. I would think Marrone would be in play there also. Buffalo will go with an offensive oriented HC I think as an over-reaction to Rex, although he ****ed up the D, and actually improved the O. That leaves Vance's alma mater, Cinci. He will come highly recommended by Hue Jackson, a favorite of Mike Brown and has the defensive players' respect. So I think, as a rare opportunity, Cinci might well overlook VJ's lack of coordinator level experience and grab him while they can.

But then again who the **** knows :idk:

That would make 4 and I'm afraid put VJ into play. The Rams need to make a spash in LA with a marquee name or a pedigreed OC like Josh McDaniels. Jacksonville might hire Coughllin and if not, then someone with more experience at the coordinator level including former HCs. I would think Marrone would be in play there also. Buffalo will go with an offensive oriented HC I think as an over-reaction to Rex, although he ****ed up the D, and actually improved the O. That leaves Vance's alma mater, Cinci. He will come highly recommended by Hue Jackson, a favorite of Mike Brown and has the defensive players' respect. So I think, as a rare opportunity, Cinci might well overlook VJ's lack of coordinator level experience and grab him while they can.

But then again who the **** knows :idk:

You may be right......but something tells me VJ is more of a Rooney rule name and I don't think is viewed as "ready" for a head coaching spot. I wouldn't be surprised if Schwartz wasn't also in play for Buffalo. I think Coughlin definitely has a good shot at Jacksonville or Buffalo and I think Kyle Shannahan is also a name I keep hearing. The other name that I'm hearing a lot of is Mike Smith (former Atlanta Coach) who is currently the defensive coordinator with the Bucs.

Back
Top Bottom