Report on OG and a Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report on OG and a Question

MsAmanda

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's obvious that OG is still not willing to take the offer from the Fins. I heard on ESPN that he visited with the Seahawks, but he told them that if his contract demands are not met, he will go elsewhere. My question is this is more of OG's agent advising him to hold out for more $$ or is this OG's fault?

His agent may be giving him poor advice, but at this point that should be obvious so I think its OG's fault b/c he is ultimately responsible.

It has to be the agent. If his agent were pushing OG to take whatever he's offered and OG's been demanding more on his own I'd have to say its very likely OG would have dumped his agent by now. Why would you keep a guy that a) is not on the same page as you, b) whose advice you are not listening to, and c) Who is constantly telling youyou are worth less than you think.

No, if I had to guess I'd say OG's problemsare mostly due to his agent overestimating OG's market value and now having to deliver a contract he promised when they passed on Miami's multi year deal in october.

Unless OG or his agent don't like the Dolphins, then I guess I could see why...

I think he's in a bad spot (and 'he' here can refer to OG or the agent). The problem is, if they sign with the Phins now, he looks like an idiot for passing up on the multi-year offer with 750K signing bonus...and signing for minimum. With pride like that in the way, he might think it's better to wait for an inevitable camp injury just to get more money. Remember, he turned down that contract originally because this was likely his last shot at a big $$ deal.

I'm not defending the choice, but I think that's the logic behind it.

Originally posted by xiidaen
I think he's in a bad spot (and 'he' here can refer to OG or the agent). The problem is, if they sign with the Phins now, he looks like an idiot for passing up on the multi-year offer with 750K signing bonus...and signing for minimum. With pride like that in the way, he might think it's better to wait for an inevitable camp injury just to get more money. Remember, he turned down that contract originally because this was likely his last shot at a big $$ deal.

I'm not defending the choice, but I think that's the logic behind it.

Yes, I think pride has a lot to do with this and I think he wants to show the Phins that he can get a better offer than what they offered.

I'm thinking also maybe the reason he's getting low offers, is because teams don't see him as a #1 or #2 receiver. Only as a #3 or 4 or as a role player.

OG nees to fire his agent and re-sign with us, he is probably going to do it anyway. Anywho welcome to the boards MsAmanda.

OG is starting to piss me off..

I like the guy but he's beginning to piss me off ;)

I sort've feel bad for OG.. He has been a valuable asset to this team, and felt that he was worth more than he actually is.. Now he will most likely end up with the league minimum.. He should definately fire his agent once this is all over with..

Hehe.. Its actually ME as the tick... The tick rules man..

I guess you don't rule then SK.

Oh....and OG should run over his agent with the car. Kill two birds with one stone (lawyer/agent).

Back
Top Bottom