Report: RED SOX win top bid for Japanesse pitcher | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: RED SOX win top bid for Japanesse pitcher

MikeO said:
I'm not gonna get into this with you if you can't talk calm and present facts. If we can't debate this like adults, I won't engage.

"Hey, Pot?"
"Yes, Kettle?"
"You're black."

MikeO said:
No I won't disregard it. I just disagree with it. They got $400 mill for a stadium but they must have a fire sale of every pitcher and say they can't afford them. I don't get that logic and won't fall for their BS.

What fire sale?

The Mulder trade? Mulder for Dan Haren, Kiko Calero and Daric Barton? I'd do that trade yasterday, today and tomorrow. I don't care what the payroll is...

The Hudson trade looked even better at the time. Charles Thomas was highly thought of Juan Cruz was a hot prospect and Dan Meyer was can't miss. The Hudson trade looked GREAt at the time.

They did'nt HAVE the $400 million when they made those trades anyway. When they made those trades they were under different ownership that had no intension of spending one red cent more on the team then they needed to...

unifiedtheory said:
What fire sale?

The Mulder trade? Mulder for Dan Haren, Kiko Calero and Daric Barton? I'd do that trade yasterday, today and tomorrow. I don't care what the payroll is...

The Hudson trade looked even better at the time. Charles Thomas was highly thought of Juan Cruz was a hot prospect and Dan Meyer was can't miss. The Hudson trade looked GREAt at the time.

They did'nt HAVE the $400 million when they made those trades anyway. When they made those trades they were under different ownership that had no intension of spending one red cent more on the team then they needed to...

Zito!!!!! Not even trying to re-sign him. Wanna move on to hitters....Let Giambi walk. Let Tejada walk.Damon...bye bye!! They get rid of every good player that comes through. Either through trade or just letting them walk. They say they have No money....then wham, $300 or $400 mill for a stadium. Out of nowhere!

MikeO said:
I'm not gonna get into this with you if you can't talk calm and present facts. If we can't debate this like adults, I won't engage.

Oh, save it. I said nothing derogatory towards you in my prior post, I simply pointed out the hypocracy of your posts.

Why can't you just back up your claims that the "Evil Empire" terminology was a tactic used by Red Sox management to divert fans' attention away from the shady business of buying the franchise? I can't wait to hear your logic behind that claim.

Let's here the "facts" behind that one, MikeO. To quote someone earlier in the thread, "JUST BACK IT UP."

I too would like more insight into the "Evil Empire" theory.. Who knew it was so much more than Jose Contreras..

And so yet another promising thread turns into a Yankees-Red Sox pissing match.

Edit: Holy Cow, I had no idea that "piss" was allowed by the profanity filter!

phunwin said:
And so yet another promising thread turns into a Yankees-Red Sox pissing match.

Edit: Holy Cow, I had no idea that "piss" was allowed by the profanity filter!

pffft...it's about baseball......:shakeno:

:wink:

MikeO said:
Zito!!!!! Not even trying to re-sign him. Wanna move on to hitters....Let Giambi walk. Let Tejada walk.Damon...bye bye!! They get rid of every good player that comes through. Either through trade or just letting them walk. They say they have No money....then wham, $300 or $400 mill for a stadium. Out of nowhere!
THEY HAVE A NEW OWNER! WHAT PART OF THAT CONFUSES YOU?

Lew Wollf was NOT the owner when Giambi, Tejada and Damon walked so bringing their names ANYWHERE near this conversation is totally pointless.

Besides, Giambi for $20 million a year is rediculous anyway and I was glad when they let him walk then and I'm even happier now. the only name they have let walk that irritated me was Tejada but Beane's hands were tied.

To be honest, even if Wollf owned the team during those years they still would not have signed these players because the revenue stream simply was not there.

The new stadium just came to fruition because they finally have the land to put it on AND the financing in place to build the damn thing. They did'nt have the $400 million for the ballpark when Giambi, Tejada etc. were walking away. All they had was piss poor ownership and the worst stadium in baseball.

Now they have a good owner but STILL have the worst ballpark in baseball. This means they have to continue to do business the way they have done business for the last decade UNTIL the new park is built. Dumping money into the bottomless pit that is their current stadium situation is poor business. I'd rather see them lose a few guys here and there for the next couple of year KNOWING that the future is brighter.

BTW: You must have news I don't because Barry Zito has yet to sign anywhere. WHEN he does sign elsewhere I can accept it. giving him a 7 year, $105 million dollar contract is INSANE in my opinion. Rich Harden will be healthy, Haren is a year better, so is Blanton. The pitching staff will be just fine with or without Barry Zito.

John Henry, Theo and Terry Francona met with Matsuzaka on Sunday night. Matsuzaka said he was impressed that they all met with him. No contracts were discussed apparently though.

Back
Top Bottom