Report: TV ratings skyrocketed when Tua Tagovailoa entered Miami Dolphins game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: TV ratings skyrocketed when Tua Tagovailoa entered Miami Dolphins game

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
TV ratings in South Florida for the closing moments of Sunday’s Miami Dolphins game clearly indicate that the team’s fan base was eager to watch the NFL debut of rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa.

Ordinarily, the ratings for the waning moments of a 24-0 game would’ve usually gone in the opposite direction. However, the audience surge shows that Tagovailoa’s popularity among Dolphins fans was already strong prior to taking his first NFL snap.

Tagovailoa, the fifth overall selection in April’s draft, has gone through an arduous rehabilitation program since having major hip surgery last November.

At the time of that procedure, the prospect of Tagovailoa even being able to play in 2020 was uncertain, which made his draft status a question mark.

Yet, the Dolphins clearly see Tagovailoa as one of the cornerstones of the team’s future and took great care in making sure he was fully healthy before he took the field.

During the preseason, speculation that he would start for the Dolphins was tamped down. More pressure to rush him into the lineup also surfaced after the Dolphins’ bumpy start, but no changes were made.

While Ryan Fitzpatrick will remain the Dolphins’ starter at quarterback for the near future, Dolphins fans are eager to see the transition to Tagovailoa come as quickly as possible.

My tv was already on here in Colorado and the rest of my family gathered around to watch Tua! It was the last time since 2008 and beat the Jets to go to the playoffs we were that excited! PhinsUp!

I told my friends I would blow up their homes if they didn't watch Tua take a snap

Since this seems to be biblical. The sun came out for 5mns as Tua put on his hat and threw a couple warm up passes.

Then the wind switched from the North to a warm southerly breeze for 9 yards.

So 32,000 homes who weren't watching the game received devine guidance to turn on the game just at the moment Tua was inserted?

Interesting.

My best guess is friends texted friends while he was shown warming up. Or they read it on their preferred social media platform.

News of all kinds spreads fairly quickly nowadays.

Sunday Ticket streaming has been awesome this year with zero buffering. During the commercial after his first play, it got the spinning circle for about 15 seconds. Told my son everyone was turning to this game. Trua story.
Usually that happens in here when we lose or are losing. It was nice to see I couldn’t get in here to post after a win this week.

Tuas process was on display on both those throws. And of course the placement.

good enough to suit up and actually play some snaps good enough to start.

this is a no brainer. Make the damn switch Flores. You are killing me.

So 32,000 homes who weren't watching the game received devine guidance to turn on the game just at the moment Tua was inserted?

Interesting.
How would they even know at that point it was happening? Us watching the game the entire time didn’t know it was going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom