Reported on the Herald Site...Dolphins Thinking of Dumping Gardner??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reported on the Herald Site...Dolphins Thinking of Dumping Gardner???

Say it aint so! Daryl Gardener is better than Adams, Tez, and most other DT's. Let'em work the kinks out of his back, he'll be alright!

This makes absolutely NO sence at this point in time. Here we are, close to the beginning of TC, and we are talking about cutting an Al-pro caliber player. Yes, we all knw of his injury problems. The timing of this is what makes no sence. Also, from what I know of the cap, if we do release him, we do not gain that much against the cap this year. We still owe him his salary to a certain extent.

Why would we even make the move to DE and then turn around and release him?

Now if he does not cut it this year, and has another injury plagued season, then I think we could do it NEXT year, but now way do we do this so close to the season.

I agree scotgif. If releasing Gardener was indeed an intent, it would have made sense to do it earlier and sign Coleman while he was available. The Sam Adams talk is fun, but honestly would it make sense? What would the 'Fins do with Chester? I think Wanny-Spiel will let Gardener play out the season, then make a decision on him.

ok, I just want to point out that the guy who reported this awhile back, said that Wannstedt was afraid of DG. 90% of the retorts back at him were because of that statement...including mine.

He then went off on a big ole hissy fit about us not believing him.

People, when you come onto a website to give info, it is all considered to be B.S. until you show us a link, or give us a name.

DCH and OZZY have both been proven right time and time again, but you know what i thought of DCH when he first showed up? I thought he was full of crap. He stuck around, kept telling us things, and 90% of the time he is right. So now we listen.

This other guy, he was telling us that Wannstedt was scared of Gardener. I STILL don't buy that. You can't coach a guy your afraid of, and if the other players knew he was afraid of Gardener, not a single one would respect him.

I also would like to point out that DG's back was giving him problems at the last mini camp, and that might be the reason why Rick/Spiel are mulling over releasing him and going after someone else.

The guy is an injury waiting to happen, and while he is an outstanding player, you can't pay someone the kind of money he makes if he is only going to ride the wood. Up until the last camp, he was doing fine, so the questions are now in the back of their minds 'can he stay healthy'

Besides that, nothing has happened yet, this is all still just a rumor.

Are you guys on crack ? Releasing Darryl Gardner ? Darryl "****ing Big Balls Im The Modern Day Gladiator I got the Heart to Talk smack to the Rams and make my coach hot because he realized that our game plan was designed for us to play like pussies" Gardner. There is no way in hell we let another team have that monster under any circumstances. I think everyone should notice that DG at 60% is better than most DE at 100%. I can see it even in my sleep that DG is going to just dominate, and releasing him before this season concludes is just plain STUPID in my opinion.

Say it aint so

One of the things I'm most excited about for next season is watching DG develop into a dominating defensive end. The guy's powerful, quick for his size and works his butt off. Yeah, he's been hurt, but so have Mark Dixon and Oronde Gadsden and you don't hear any rumors of them getting cut. That said, if DG gets hurt again or else doesn't pan out as an end, then I think it should and will be taken into consideration. Thanks to the signing of Burnett, we can survive if DG goes down again.

Oy were did this post come from? There is no way Daryl gets cut until next season if at all. Basically he's on his last chance with the phins. It definately won't be this season.

As for references to the hissy fit boy he was no Ozzy or DCH. This guy was 85% wrong and combined with those 2 facts is why he's not around here anymore.

I don't think that guy was wrong. There's a reason why we keep hearing these "DG might be cut" rumors. It's because Dave is thinking about cutting him. Maybe not seriously, but they're exploring the option. It's his job to do so.

Also, you guys never gave him a chance to be "an Ozzy or a DCH". He didn't get the chance to gain respectability around here. Some of you guys wanted him to name names and give links. If that's the case, then the majority of the articles we read and re-post on this site are garbage because it's all about "a league source says...", "an NFC scout says....", "a team source says....", "one defensive player says". None of these guys name names. And very rarely do they give links. The only difference is that they work for a newspaper. This guy had an inside source deeper than anyone on this board. You honestly expected him to betray that player's trust?? Give me a break.

Hmmmmm

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I'd do it....Here's why...

First, we cut D. Gardener. That would open up the opportunity to sign Pro-Bowl caliber DT S. Adams. That would most certainly solidify the middle of our DL. BIG TIME UPGRADE...

The injuries to DG last year at DT were a huge blow for our run defense. It showed big time how soft we were up the middle once he was gone for the season. Especially against the Ravens.

We have yet to see what DG can do as a DE, but we do know that the chances of him playing the entire season are slim...

We still have R. Burnett, D. Bowens, and A Ogunleye to play at DE if D. Gardener is dumped. I can honestly say that D. Bowens and A Ogunleye can get to the QB just as well as L. Bromell and K. Mixon did, if not better.

R. Burnett could maybe even handle the DE position??.....At least with those three DE's we've got a slight idea what we can expect from them. DG is an unknown at DE.

The addition of S. Adams would be awesome. Z. Thomas would be like a wild man without having to worry about guys like K. Mawea getting to him. The middle would be like a brick wall with T. Bowens and S. Adams in there......Running up the middle against those two would be a "no chance situation" for opposing offenses.

At DE, all we reallty need is a consistant, hard working guy. The addition of R. Burnett fits that mold, and makes this possible. We use him like T. Armstrong was used, and let D. Bowens and A. Ogunleye fill in like Bromell and Mixon did.....Makes sense to me.

Dumping D. Gardener, and signing S. Adams in return would be well worth the risk in my opinion. If DG could stay healthy for a whole season, I may reconsider, but he's a risk at DT or DE no matter how you slice it....

DO IT!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

Tough to argue with your logic on this one Dolfan, it makes sense. However, loyalty is big too in the Locker room and Wanny might take alot of internal heat if he did cut DG.....but he might do it anyhow.

While I like Sam Adams, we've already got a rock in Larry Chester. You want to create a problem in the locker room?? Go out and sign another starting DT. See how well that goes over with the DTs.

Originally posted by Iron Man
Most of you are wrong 75% of the time too so what's your point?

Ban him now please. He has nothing to say except bad things against our members.

Last edited:
I don't think we should cut him...Him and Zach seem to be the only Dolphins who play the game because they actually love it and wanna win the superbowl and who don't just play for money

Back
Top Bottom