"Reporting Trolls" Sticky Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Reporting Trolls" Sticky Thread

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
In checking out purplepride.org for reactions to Sapp and Cam, I noticed they have a sticky thread on top that outs trolls. Their explanation is as follows:

REPORTING TROLLS Since we cannot be monitoring the site 24/7, we rely on the good members of PP.O to "Report to Moderator" any suspected trolls or just plain asshats.

Please use your better judgement. If the member just wants to talk harmless smack, that's ok. But recently we have noticed some extremely vulgar posts and posts soley intended to inflame the membership.
http://www.purplepride.org/index.ph.../2-vikings-fan-forum/1032758-reporting-trolls

I've long championed a mandatory 30-30 membership days/# of posts probationary pd before earning the privilege to start threads which will IMO eliminate the majority of flamers, however, short of that, an in-your-face "troll outing" thread would also nip a lot of problems in the bud.

The trolls that I find get busted in the lip.

And I promise I have never ONCE trolled here on FinHeaven.

:)

Our stance has always been that a limit of posts/days just restricts members too much. Yes there are trolls and they are a problem from time to time, but I think our staff does a pretty good job rounding them up. Remember, you can always help the staff out by clicking the report button:
report.php

We can't let a few bad apples ruin it for everyone. Of course down the road, our stance could always change.

Back
Top Bottom